NEW RELEASES FOR MAY 2017 -- jjDESIGNS 10th ANNIVERSARY (1 Viewer)

jjDesigns

Sergeant

jjDESIGNS 10th ANNIVERSARY
THE BATTLE OF BUSHY RUN 1763

There were many plans for the 10th Anniversary of jj Designs!
Unfortunately the “best laid plans,… often go awry”
Due to circumstances beyond my control several projects which were in the works did not materialize.
As a special thank you to all those who had collected my work, and for the many requests from collectors, a Battle Of Bushy Run series was scheduled to be released last January 2016, as a special 10th Anniversary Series!
The releases were cancelled at the time as I was not sure that I could complete the new project.
However better news, has led me to decide to release this series.
This series will now start the second decade at jjDesigns.

The Battle of Bushy Run was fought on August 5-6, 1763, in western Pennsylvania, between a British column under the command of Colonel Henry Bouquet and a combined force of Delaware, Shawnee, Mingo, and Huron warriors. This action occurred during Pontiac's Rebellion. Though the British suffered serious losses, they routed the Native American Tribesmen and successfully relieved the garrison of Fort Pitt.

BRLXPIC.JPG

It was to become a situation that closely resembled the predicament of Braddock years earlier at the Battle on the Monongahela. An advance guard ran into hostiles, then support was sent forward, musket fire broke out, from the woods on both flanks and the rear of the main British force.
It seemed it was Braddock's Defeat all over again. The difference it seems was the maintenance of order and the troops' confidence in their commander.
Colonel Henry Bouquet formed up in a near-hollow square on a hillside.
During the second day of fighting, Bouquet decided upon trickery. He feigned a retreat, lured the woodland Indian tribesmen in, then hit them on the flanks with his light infantry companies.
The maneuver was successful.
Though Indian casualties were lighter than that of the British, the Battle of Bushy Run, August 5 & 6, 1763, was over, and broke the back of Indian resistance in these parts. Fort Pitt was relieved. The settlements came and a great city would one day stand at this fork in a wilderness river.

BRLX02.JPG

BRLX-02
THE BATTLE OF BUSHY RUN 1763,
LIGHT INFANTRY COMPANY,
2 FIGURES SKIRMISHING,
(2pcs)

BRLX02N.JPG

BRLX-02N
LIGHT INFANTRY COMPANY,
4 FIGURES SKIRMISHING,
(4pcs)

The relief column under Colonel Henry Bouquet, consisted of about 500 British soldiers, from the 60th Royal Americans, 42nd Highland Regiment, and the 77th Highland Regiment.

BRHPIC.JPG

More to follow......................................................

The 42nd (Royal Highland) Regiment of Foot was a Scottish infantry regiment in the British Army also known as the Black Watch. Originally titled Crawford's Highlanders or The Highland Regiment and numbered 43rd in the line, in 1748, on the disbanding of Oglethorpe's Regiment of Foot, they were renumbered 42nd and in 1751 formally titled the 42nd (Highland) Regiment of Foot.

BR42H02.JPG

BR42H-02
42nd REGIMENT OF FOOT,
2 GRENADIERS SKIRMISHING,
(2pcs)

BR42H02N.JPG

BR42H-02N
42nd REGIMENT OF FOOT,
4 GRENADIERS SKIRMISHING,
(4pcs)

The 77th Regiment of Foot (Montgomerie's Highlanders) was a Highland Regiment raised in 1757.
The regiment was raised at Stirling by Major Archibald Montgomerie as the 1st Highland Battalion and ranked as the 62nd Regiment of Foot in 1757.
It was renamed the 77th Regiment of Foot (Montgomery's Highlanders) in June 1758.
The regiment participated in the capture of Fort Duquesne in November 1758.
It sailed for the West Indies in June 1761 and took part in the Invasion of Martinique in January 1762 and the Battle of Havana in June 1762. It went on to New York City in October 1762 and saw action at the Battle of Bushy Run in August 1763 after which it was disbanded later in the year.

BR77H02.JPG

BR77H-02
77th REGIMENT OF FOOT,
2 GRENADIERS SKIRMISHING,
(2pcs)

BR77H02N.JPG

BR77H-02N
77th REGIMENT OF FOOT,
4 GRENADIERS SKIRMISHING,
(4pcs)

…..AND FINALLY FOR THE 10th ANNIVERSARY

Another of my aims for the 10th Anniversary was to release a 2006/2007 Collectors Club Annual.
Unfortunately, again due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to produce the Annual.
The Annual was to be accompanied by a special 44th Regiment of foot, Grenadier figure, to commemorate the first set that was released.
Since I had managed to produce the figure, this has now been released on its own without the Annual.
The 2006/2007 Annual will not now be produced.

BM2017.JPG

BM2017
10th ANNIVERSARY MONONGAHELA SPECIAL,
THE BATTLE OF MONONGAHELA 1755,
44th REGIMENT OF FOOT,
2 GRENADIERS FIRING,
(2pcs)
LIMITED EDITION 250

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have supported me, and collected my work over the last 10 years, and look forward to many more years to come!

**PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL DEALER FOR FURTHER INFORMATION**

Bushy Run at last! There was a time that if you did a Google search of Bushy Run it would pull up my avatar from this forum. A miracle of technology.

Brilliant - love that Black Watch firing line. Can't wait to see what their opponents will look like.

This is very exciting! Between W.Britain's Bushy Run sets and now John's, one can set up a very impressive display!

Travis

There will now be 2 new JJD series I plan to collect......Armies and Enemies of Ancient Rome, and now Battle of Bushy Run.
There's a good number of JJD sets already released featuring Woodland Indians in fighting poses as well as 60th Royal Americans that fit perfectly for Bushy Run.........So there's some sets to get while awaiting new ones to come out.:) -This is going to be hard on the budget.

I'm hoping for a figure of Pontiac. Been wanting one for years now!!!IMG_0605.JPG

I hope the Bushy Run announcement doesn't get lost under the 10th anniversary heading. It seems like the announcement of an entirely new line with some great possibilities.

I am looking forward to seeing how this range develops. Very nice looking figures.

Matthew

I received the first batch of Bushy Run releases. Fantastic stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back