New Releases for September 2024 - Trojan War (1 Viewer)

Julie

Administrator
Staff member
NEW RELEASES FOR SEPTEMBER 2024
THE TROJAN WAR
TROY AND HER ALLIES

The Trojan army defending the great city of Troy, led by their king Priam, had assistance from a long list of allies. These included the Lycians, which was a maritime district in south western Anatolia (now Turkey). It was situated along the Mediterranean coast between Caria and Pamphylia, and extended inland to the ridge of the Taurus Mountains.

CYCNUS OF KOLONAI
Cycnus was the king of the town of Kolonai in the southern Troad. He was the son of Poseidon by Calyce. (daughter of Hecaton).
Legend tells that he was abandoned by his mother on the seashore, but was rescued by fishermen who named him Cycnus “swan” because they saw a swan flying over him.
Other accounts, he is said to have had womanly white skin and fair hair, which is why he received his name that meant “swan”.

TWT-12
THE TROJAN WAR,
TROY AND HER ALLIES,
CYCNUS OF KOLONAI

Cycnus supported the Trojans and was a great warrior, killing one thousand opponents.
According to some accounts he killed the Greek hero Protesilaus.
It was said that being the son of Poseidon, he was invulnerable to spear and sword attacks. When Achilles confronted Cycnus he could not kill him via conventional weaponry so he crushed and suffocated him.
After his death Cycnus was changed into a swan.

TWT-12_2_.jpg

**PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL DEALER FOR FURTHER INFORMATION**

Just ordered this figure, think he looks a bit like a 'Hipster'. Like the historical characters releases, but, have said before, the Trojan Troops are my favourite, colourful and make a great grouping. Not sure where this range is going, but i am along for the ride.

I cant wait to get him. I think they will come early September. September is my birthday month so i hope we do get them early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back