New Russian and Landwehr Command sets...disappointment. (1 Viewer)

Scott

Major
I just came home with the... 9322 Russian Infantry Commandand 9325 Prussian Landwehr Command sets. Both have issues with "short shots" in the area of the sword/hangers, the hilts being not fully formed in the mold. If you pick these sets up, check the contents 1st. I looked at several boxes of the Russians at the store and all had the same problem so I bought the set anyway just to finish the Russian force in my collect. Arms on the Russian color bearer do not fit well and the left arm socket needs to be drilled out. All the figures are a bit squat looking but match the two previous infantry set.

The 9325 Prussian Landwehr Command set has 2 Prussian regular infantry poses, another officer and a fifer. I can add 6 more figures to the Prussians I already have. I have found that Imex horses work well so far with the horseless officer figure in the 9322 Russian Infantry Command set.

I'll post pictures later and I plan to send a request to HaT to replace the defective parts.

OUCH! The short shot flaws are in photos from HaT's site.

bx9322c.jpgbx9325c.jpgdonvil97j.jpg

NEW HaT LANDWEHR
COMMAND set unpainted and assembled and added to regular Prussian sets.

IMG_9895.JPGIMG_9897.JPG

OUCH! The short shot flaws are in photos from HaT's site.

View attachment 112155View attachment 112156View attachment 112157

That sucks! looks like a case of bad venting,or lack of venting in the mold that should have been picked up at that stage and fixed!:mad: I,m sure they could fix this buy cutting a vent into the mold? It looks like an issue of trapped air in the mold that needs to escape to somewhere but is trapped not allowing the plastic to get to this area, I don,t see why cutting a small channel into the mold to allow the air to escape couldn,t fix this? I don,t know how big a problem this is with this type of mold? but it seams fixable to me???

That sucks! looks like a case of bad venting,or lack of venting in the mold that should have been picked up at that stage and fixed!:mad: I,m sure they could fix this buy cutting a vent into the mold? It looks like an issue of trapped air in the mold that needs to escape to somewhere but is trapped not allowing the plastic to get to this area, I don,t see why cutting a small channel into the mold to allow the air to escape couldn,t fix this? I don,t know how big a problem this is with this type of mold? but it seams fixable to me???

I've done this with home made molds and it's easily done with vulcanized rubber molds I had made for pewter figures. I don't know what material is used for molds for these figures.

HaT had a chance to fix this issue in development. I see a quality control issue plus the draft added to the parting line obscures some of the detail on the sides of the figures. I don't mind a figure with the sword hanger molded on the figure as in the French series as opposed to being attached to the knapsack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back