Nickolson Miniatures (2 Viewers)

jazzeum

Four Star General
One of the beauties of going to a show is you never know what you're going to find and where your interests may lead.

Hobby Bunker had purchased an Indian Army collection that included, among other things, the Indian Army Types range from Nickolson. The more i looked at it, the more I came to the conclusion that it was pretty neat stuff. I wound up purchasing two sets on Saturday. Then on Sunday I found another dealer who had several. I purchased only one as I had no room to carry any more stuff, what with all the things I purchased during the week. I plan to buy the rest within a couple of weeks.

I will try to get some photos up later this week.

Welcome to the Nicholson Miniartures Indian Army club, Brad. They are great figures to collect; very colorful and well done in both their sculpting and painting Here are some photos from my collection. The eight figure sets on the right, in the third photo, are from Kingcast (no longer in business).

Attachments

• 100_2074.JPG
    100_2074.JPG
    605.8 KB · Views: 397
  • 100_2075.JPG
    100_2075.JPG
    588.8 KB · Views: 405
  • 100_2076.JPG
    100_2076.JPG
    529.8 KB · Views: 400
  • 100_2077.JPG
    100_2077.JPG
    559.1 KB · Views: 403
  • 100_2078.JPG
    100_2078.JPG
    462.4 KB · Views: 421
Wow, that's quite a collection Mike. I need to get photos up to show you what I bought.

Brad

Sorry for the delay. Here are the first of three sets I purchased.

Queen's Guides Kneeling and Firing

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1063.JPG

Last set I purchased, Queen's Guides Marching

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

Very nice sets, beautifully painted, but don't seem easy to find.

Hi Brad,

The Nickolson figures you added to your collection are very impressive. Viewing your photos tempts me to begin collecting them, but I already have my hands full with my primary interests. Still.....

They are very, very nice. Thank you for sharing the sets with us. And, please share with us photos of the additional sets you plan to purchase!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Brad,
You are correct, they are very nice sets. What eras did Nicholson produces?

Brian,

I believe they produced a lot of Indian Army figures. I have also seen highlanders and LAH.

Hi Brad,

The Nickolson figures you added to your collection are very impressive. Viewing your photos tempts me to begin collecting them, but I already have my hands full with my primary interests. Still.....

They are very, very nice. Thank you for sharing the sets with us. And, please share with us photos of the additional sets you plan to purchase!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Pat,

Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't think they are in production anymore. Their website seems to be under construction (but I've been told it has been that way for a long time) and they don't answer emails.

As usual, I'm late for the party {eek3}

Brad

Brad,

The four Queen's Corps of Guides sets you picked up are very nice. You probably noticed the two different Guides sets I have which are at present arms and charging. Nickolson's web site has always been a little user unfriendly, but I wasn't aware that they might no longer be in business---I hope that it is not true.

This is Nickolson's Indian Army 15th "Cureton's Multanis" Bengal Cavalry set.

Attachments

• 100_2330.JPG
    100_2330.JPG
    424.1 KB · Views: 194
Looks like a beautifully painted set Mike.

I think it was Tom Dubel who might have mentioned that they weren't really operational.

Looks like a beautifully painted set Mike.

I think it was Tom Dubel who might have mentioned that they weren't really operational.

It is a beautifully painted set Brad. I bought it even though two of the spear tips were missing, since Nickolson sets are so hard to find. I know an Indian neurologist whose name is Multani. I wonder what that means?

I recently picked up this Nickolson set on eBay. It is Set No. I-45 - 12th Pioneers "Present Arms."

Attachments

• Nickolson 12th Pioneers.JPG
    Nickolson 12th Pioneers.JPG
    443.5 KB · Views: 261
  • Nickolson 12th Pioneers..JPG
    Nickolson 12th Pioneers..JPG
    475.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Nickolson 12th Pioneers (2).JPG
    Nickolson 12th Pioneers (2).JPG
    462.2 KB · Views: 230
Very nice Mike. There was an auction this week (don't know if yours was the one) that I forgot to bid on.

Very nice Mike. There was an auction this week (don't know if yours was the one) that I forgot to bid on.

Thanks Brad. I saw it, too, it wasn't this set. I meant to make a copy of the mounted set and post it here, but forgot to do it. It was actually the first Nickolson mounted set I had ever seen before.

This very early Nickolson set of U.S. Marines circa 1900 recently appeared on eBay.

Attachments

• Nicholson US Marines.jpg
    Nicholson US Marines.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 149
This Nickolson set, I-54 QUEEN'S CORPS OF GUIDES AT THE READY, is currently on eBay for $89.95.

Attachments

• I54.jpg
    I54.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 129

Users who are viewing this thread

Back