odds on for new panther (1 Viewer)

stevep

Private
iam speculating that after the release of the awesome king tiger,the next german tank will be a panther and it will be every bit as impressive as the kingtiger.

iam speculating that after the release of the awesome king tiger,the next german tank will be a panther and it will be every bit as impressive as the kingtiger.

...and the next one is another Tiger

the ardennes/Bulge Panther would be great! after that how bout the lesser famous Tiger brother, the Jagdtiger?

Attachments

• jagdtiger13d.jpg
    jagdtiger13d.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 207
  • jagdtiger1.jpg
    jagdtiger1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 800px-Jagdtiger_1.jpg
    800px-Jagdtiger_1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 208
My guess is a winterized version of a Tiger.......Sure to be a top seller.....;)

joachim peiper and a panther great idea also a jagdtiger or jagdpanther i think would be popular,probably not with the people who are fed up with german stuff but.:p

It's funny how many collectors go drool happy over the Tiger tank and the "Battle of the Bulge" considering in real life how few real Tiger 1 or 2 were actually present and how little they contributed to the actual battle. Panther was the workhorse of the attacking units backed up by PzKpfW IVs. A common vehicle used against the Americans was the JadgPanzer IV L70 as well as various StuG types.

Gary

I don't know guys - it sure has taken a long time to sell the Normandy Panther - even with the K&C camo gift. We probally will see a few other Tanks before the Panther comes back in a different form. IMHO.

As much as I would like to have a Jagdtiger I would rather have the long barreled Stug or the Jagdpanzer IV first. The Stug accounted for more tank kills than any other German AFV. I would also rather see a Brit Cromwell before the Jagdtiger.

You know - based on how successful the Winter Tiger SL Set was and still is on the secondary market - I would think the AK Tiger in Grey/White Winter Colors would be very appealing and successful for King & Country to do.

Its not like we haven't had the same Tiger released with a different paint colors before and they both did well and still do today.

It's funny how many collectors go drool happy over the Tiger tank and the "Battle of the Bulge" considering in real life how few real Tiger 1 or 2 were actually present and how little they contributed to the actual battle. Panther was the workhorse of the attacking units backed up by PzKpfW IVs. A common vehicle used against the Americans was the JadgPanzer IV L70 as well as various StuG types.

Gary

i totally agree Gary.

if Guderian got his way, the Germans would have bulit more Stugs, Panthers, and Panzer IVs, and the germans won't be too outnumbered and might even have inflicted more casualties on the Allied armour divisions.

but Tigers are just bloody sexy mate.

not saying that the Panthers, Jagdpanthers,Stugs,Panzer IVs,Hetzers, etc are ugly mugs, but its just that Tigers really caught the imagination.

there is even a term Tiger-phobia, specially referring to traumatized or fear Allied troops of the Tiger.

And that's coined by the Allies themselves, and not herr Goebbels.

Saying that, with the quality of the SDK 250 and King Tiger, it doesn't really matter which german armor comes next, they'll all come out eventually.

I don't know guys - it sure has taken a long time to sell the Normandy Panther - even with the K&C camo gift. We probally will see a few other Tanks before the Panther comes back in a different form. IMHO.

to be frank Ron, i think what hindered the Normandy Panther sale was the track details. i remembered the discussion i have with some members about it.
Thankfully, the recent releases no longer appear to have this problem.

You know - based on how successful the Winter Tiger SL Set was and still is on the secondary market - I would think the AK Tiger in Grey/White Winter Colors would be very appealing and successful for King & Country to do.

Its not like we haven't had the same Tiger released with a different paint colors before and they both did well and still do today.

i agree.

its like a Sinatra song, no matter how many times you hear it, its still fresh.

TIGERS ! You said nothing about TIGERS !!

Attachments

• KH2.jpg
    KH2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 131
The Ardennes was far from ideal tank country. It was hilly and forested and made worse by the muddy winter conditions. This forced vehicles to stay on the roads most of the time severely restricting their combat power.

Three Tiger units took part, s.SS.Pz.Abt.501, s.H.Pz.Abt.506, s.H.Pz.Abt.(Fkl) 301. A regular Tiger abteilung had a complement of 45 Tigers and the Funklenk abteilung had 31 Tigers. On paper this gave a total of 121. In reality German armored units rarely operated at full strength as some were inevitably in for repair while others were total losses awaiting replacements.

As Gary noted the Panther and Panzer IV were the workhorses of the German armored divisions in the last two years of the war. At this point in the war a German armored division included 1 tank regiment consisting of 1 abteilung of Panthers and 1 abteilung of Panzer IVs.

In the Ardennes offensive numerous tank destroyers took part as well such as Panzer IV L/70, Jagdpanthers, Jagdtigers, Hetzers etc. The Hetzers were commonly used by the anti tank units of infantry divisions.

If we get another Panther, I will start to feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.

Jagdtiger, jagdtiger, jagdtiger, this would make everybody happy. A jagd l70 would be nice to although such a long barrel might be tricky

I think a Grey Tiger I similar in size to the AK Tiger would be nice. I bet that would be a big seller and be sold out before it hits the floor if sold as a SL. Well i wont bore anyone wishing for more Tigers cuz as everyone should know i like Tiger Tanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back