Old Toy Soldier auctions (1 Viewer)

Asterix

Private 2
(I visit this site infrequently, so please pardon me if I'm repeating information already widely known.)

Are forum members aware of the Old Toy Soldier auctions? They are held often (one just this month and the next in early October). Items up for sale include Britains (both pre-1966 and post), "new" old toy soldiers (e.g. Tradition, King and Country etc.), even things like old catalogs from past toy soldier auctions.

The Old Toy Soldier website can give you more information.

I would assume most of us are. However it never hurts to check. Got a package today from Ray. Sometime way cheaper than Ebay, sometimes I shake my head at what people pay.

The knowledgeable collectors are aware of them. However, I find that sometimes collectors pay more than they would otherwise pay. Occasionally there's a good deal but you have to be careful.

Good point: be careful and not get carried away.

I've got a copy of James Opie's Pocket Guide to Britains Hollowcast Toy Soldiers published in 1994, but that's more a curiosity than an aid. I do know that I paid a lot more for my Britains in the 1980's and 1990's before the InterNet and PayPal than I do now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back