Old toy soldier catalogues wanted (1 Viewer)

norman joplin

Private 2
Looking to buy catalogues from pre 1960 for British Companies. Cherilea, Charbens etc etc.
Also pre 1930s FAo Swartz litrature

Umm..
Yes
I guess you could say he is serious collector.

LOL!!

Dude, that's "Norm Joplin", THE Norm Joplin...........................yeah..so anyway, is he a serious collector or what?!?!?

Mother of God.

I give up.

Kidding about what,Sir?

Norman is a well-known, world-renown expert on Britains, author of books on Britains and on toy soldiers in general, a retired dealer and auctioneer, and collector in his own right. So it's just amusing to us that you asked if he were a serious collector.

I'll go George one better and put it in good East Coast terms -"Are you kiddin' me?! He's Norman FREAKIN' Joplin!"

Prost!
Brad

Norman is a well-known, world-renown expert on Britains, author of books on Britains and on toy soldiers in general, a retired dealer and auctioneer, and collector in his own right. So it's just amusing to us that you asked if he were a serious collector.

I'll go George one better and put it in good East Coast terms -"Are you kiddin' me?! He's Norman FREAKIN' Joplin!"

Prost!
Brad

Exactly!

Norman Joplin on google
5.180.000 result

Semperrandyfy
260 results

:salute::

Prost!
Brad

Jeepers,was he a Marine?

Norman Joplin on google
5.180.000 result

Semperrandyfy
260 results

:salute::
This made me die laughing.. Randy you are taking your lumps over this..
However it's seems to be in lighthearted and you certainty brought the forum a laugh.

Looking to buy catalogues from pre 1960 for British Companies. Cherilea, Charbens etc etc.
Also pre 1930s FAo Swartz litrature

Norman,
I will take a look at what I have here, send me your address and any I find, I will send them along to you.

I'm not gong to "sell" you a catalog, you are welcome to any I have from your list; last time I checked, they are given out free, you're a great person and I've always enjoyed our chats at Chicago, it's an honor to call you a friend.

Selling a free catalog is something 'Crapgame" from Kelly's Heroes would do.

Just like people who peddle K & C collector magazines and brochures..............makes zero sense to me................"BUT Andy might have actually touched one of these, that's gotta be worth something!!".

Mother of God.

Plus you told me about IHOP back in the day at the Chicago show; beats the **** out of that 39.95 "show special" buffet at the hotel....................;).........................

Prost!
Brad

It's been my great pleasure to meet thousands of people through this hobby and Norman is one of the ones who goes on the top shelf.

I remember meeting him at Chicago a number of years ago, just a pleasant human being and very easy to talk to, he has always gone out of his way to come by my rooms and say hello, that means the world to me, he's a prince of a human being.

The hobby is a better place for having someone like him in it.

It's been my great pleasure to meet thousands of people through this hobby and Norman is one of the ones who goes on the top shelf.

I remember meeting him at Chicago a number of years ago, just a pleasant human being and very easy to talk to, he has always gone out of his way to come by my rooms and say hello, that means the world to me, he's a prince of a human being.

The hobby is a better place for having someone like him in it.
Absolutely..we had a convivial phone exchange. To what end..remains to be seen. He did conduct himself with marked congeniality.Indeed,quite the chap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back