On the Hunt in the Normandy Hedgerows (1 Viewer)

tmanthegreat

Master Sergeant
I received the new First Legion Normandy M10 Wolverine model earlier this week and it’s fantastic! Beautifully faded olive drab scheme, good weathering, and of course, the excellent stowage! I’ve got my Normandy M10 in a display with some of the FL 4th Infantry Division figures and the 4th ID Jeep on patrol somewhere in the Normandy hedgerows. First Legion did some fantastic work on this M10 😎

IMG-2812.jpg

IMG-2813.jpg

IMG-2830.jpg

IMG-2826.jpg

IMG-2818.jpg

IMG-2820.jpg

IMG-2823.jpg

IMG-2827.jpg

IMG-2828.jpg

IMG-2829.jpg

Really nice looking diorama. Noticed others in background. Have you posted these before?
Mark

This is one of your best in my opinion. Love the hedgerow. And excellent figures and models as well.

Great looking diorama, well done :salute:::salute:::salute::

Thank you everyone for the compliments on my diorama 😃

First Legion makes some of the best-looking vehicles and figures; JG Miniatures makes the best foliage, and Build a Rama makes some terrain bases… In this display, I experimented with using model railroad sand to add a realistic dirt texture to the roadway and hide the figure bases more realistically. I think it worked out well!

Thanks again, everyone!

Wow, This has to be your best one yet…and you’ve shown us a lot of great dios. Love your idea on how to mask the bases.

So cool, Tman. I esp. like all the gear on the tank. That is one impressive beast. As always, your dio looks fantastic. Great pictures as well.

Just received mine today and very happy!! One observation seems that the gun mantlet is not straight with the turret. I can see the same in one of the pictures below.
Was the actual vehicle like this?

Just received mine today and very happy!! One observation seems that the gun mantlet is not straight with the turret. I can see the same in one of the pictures below.
Was the actual vehicle like this?

Alexander, as far as I can tell, the slightly crooked gun mantlet (which I hadn’t really noticed until you mentioned it here) is not accurate to the real vehicle. A simple Google search of historical images of the M10 Wolverine shows the gun mantlet to be straight with the top of the turret:

IMG-2715.jpg

IMG-2933.jpg

IMG-2934.jpg

Oddly enough, the mantlet is straight on my FL winter M10:

IMG-2702.jpg

IMG-2714.jpg

All said, the crooked mantlet on my M10 isn’t too noticeable and isn’t detracting for an otherwise fantastic model for me. However, some slight and careful twisting could work it into the correct position.

Thank you, sounds like your Normandy one is the same as mine in terms of the mantlet - correct?
I wonder if it was an "issue" with the production process.

Thank you, sounds like your Normandy one is the same as mine in terms of the mantlet - correct?
I wonder if it was an "issue" with the production process.

That will make people pause, it would if it was me, the WB Quality control, just put a note, on theirs.

This is a great looking model and happy that I purchased it.
I will take the suggestion and try and gently twist it in place.

If you bought it at $450. and knowing after, and still keeping it, no choice but to love it..
The twisting part, I don't know, if someone is heavy handed it could????...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back