Pacific Sherman (USMC053) Review: Part 2 (1 Viewer)

Continuing my review of K&C's new U.S.M.C. Pacific Sherman (USMC053)

The removable turret, like all other K&C tanks, simply sets in the body. The gun barrel does not move and is positioned level/parallel with the tank and ground (not tilted upward or downward). An added detail is the lifting hatch which is nice to see on a K&C tank.

attachment.php

Not perfectly straight, but here is the hatch pictured closed:

attachment.php

I've never been a fan of the "half soldier", but here is the one figure included with the Pacific Sherman:

attachment.php

He fits perfectly in the turret:

attachment.php

Tank Body + Turret + Figure makes for an impressive Pacific vehicle. I should add that the Sherman also includes one traditional K&C antenna:

attachment.php

The Bad

I've always loved the gold plaques on K&C armor which I feel is a special detail of K&C quality, but this new Sherman just has simple markings. Please note my picture is a little blurry, not the actual markings:

attachment.php

One other gripe; although this may me historically accurate, I notice that the tank has no identification markings. Maybe these are meant to be covered by the wood side plating, not sure?

The Ugly

In my review of this beautiful new Sherman, nothing hits "The Ugly" category. ^&grin

Overall Thoughts

K&C's 2019 USMC Pacific Sherman (USMC053) is a "must have" for any WWII Pacific toy soldier collector. The tri-color camo paint scheme looks impressive and will blend in well with any jungle or beach front diorama. Added USMC figures in battle poses, "Mud Marines" and others tending to the wounded, as pictured on the beautiful boxart imagery, would certainly compliment your new Pacific Sherman. High quality packaging makes one feel that this US armor is "something special". K&C's Pacific Sherman is certainly a "would buy again" purchase.

What's coming next or Andy's Easter Eggs?

Attempting to display my Pacific Sherman as pictured on the front boxart image, I quickly deduced that there's three additional USMC that have not been released...

attachment.php

So, I resorted to creating my own scene for now:

attachment.php

End :salute::

One other gripe; although this may me historically accurate, I notice that the tank has no identification markings. Maybe these are meant to be covered by the wood side plating, not sure?

No need to feel bad about it. It is historically accurate. This is field applied camo paint which covered the original markings

Interesting review Rob, agree a must have for Pacific collectors, a fairly iconic item. Looking forward to collecting the 3 missing Marines to complete the series. Robin.

Again, thanks for the review.
I agree that 1/2 figures are not to my liking. I can envision a scene where the (full bodied) commander is standing on top of the tank or at its side looking for the next Japanese pillbox or cave opening.

Hummmm …. :rolleyes2: … I wonder if someone out there can sculpt some legs for our poor fellow?

--- LaRRy

Beautiful piece. We've gotten tons of compliments on the box alone!

Really rounds out the series for those collectors that hoovered up all the Marines!

Thanks for posting the well thought out review, I enjoyed reading it and the photos.

Best from Tejas,

Amber Martinez-Garcia
Kings X Toy Soldiers

No need to feel bad about it. It is historically accurate. This is field applied camo paint which covered the original markings

I agree .. I also believe that the K&C Sherman is accurate from the (actual WWII ) images I have seen of tanks in action in the Pacific.
With the exception of some personalization and graffiti no identification markings are seen.

--- LaRRy

Nice reviews on the new Pacific Sherman Rob. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back