Phoenix Model Developments, ByGone Age series (1 Viewer)

whdamon

Corporal
A couple years back K&C issued a Victorian Hot Chestnut vendors cart in their Dickens Series. It triggered a memory of such a piece produced in the early 70's by Phoenix Model Developments. Question was, did I still have the piece buried away in my gray army. After much digging through a near 50 year collection of unbuilt figures and accessories and breathing a lot of dust, surprise.......there it was, and better yet so was a companion piece the Milk Float (later also an offering by K&C).
So out came the clean up tools, primer, assembly and painting, resulting in 2 pretty good pieces to add to my Dickens display. Scale around 1/24th but close enough to anyone not counting rivets to work well with K&C figures and eventual add of Phoenix figures. there are quite a few other vendor carts in the ByGone series, but these were the only ones I had. I display them below.
But the success of these carts triggered a quest to obtain and build many of the carriages and wagons that were also in the ByGone series of 50 years ago. In further threads I will try to document those as well to include the construction of a few, including some companion carts from other manufacturers and figure conversions to add a little eye candy.
Stay tuned

Unfortunately I didn't document the Chestnut cart as well as follow on pieces, so here are a couple photos.. First the Assembled cart before primer and paint, and 2nd a shot of it in the display.
IMG_7161resize.JPG
IMG_4079-resize.JPG
Unfortunately I had some problems loading these photos, so I am going to stop here.. Hopefully I can continue with the Milk float in the next thread.. Wish me luck
Walt Damon

I've painted quite a few of these wonderful 'vehicles' for a local collector.
He wanted them finished in gloss and has a great collection of Victorian/Edwardian figures.

chectnutgig.jpg

milko2.jpg

milkwag.jpg

barrows.jpg

fish.jpg

You can see more on this page on my website

Hi John,

Not to mention the Sudan British 21 st lancers, including young Chirchill.......:salute:::salute::

He wanted them finished in gloss and has a great collection of Victorian/Edwardian figures.

chectnutgig.jpg

milko2.jpg

milkwag.jpg

barrows.jpg

fish.jpg

OH, these are great I must admit that Fishmonger cart would be a welcome addition to my collection. A couple of the figures you have here are in my upcoming thread on carriages, but have been significantly modified. Great pieces although more like 1.32nd vs 1/30 K&C so when displaying i put the phoenix figures in the back to work perspective.
My version of the Girl street urchin selling apples out side the Poison Apple Pub
IMG_7553x.jpg

chectnutgig.jpg

milko2.jpg

milkwag.jpg

barrows.jpg

fish.jpg

the poor apple selling urchin must of gotten chased away by the Poison Apple Pub owners Afgan Hound. Tough business the streets of Victorian London (Hound also a Phoenix piece from
their Atlantis series of the late 70's) The pub front is by Pegaso of Italy probably 15 years ago?

IMG_7546-resize.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back