Photos of New Hat French (1 Viewer)

Scott

Major
From Michtoys. Great! They are BLUE!:) Nice useful poses But WHY are the some figs holding their muskets over the fire-lock instead of the stock?:mad:

HAT-9304C.jpg

HAT-9303C.jpg

I just got one of each at the Hobby Bunker. Not bad. Good color if you aren't painting them. The details of the muskets are poor and some figures have their right hands over the fire lock. I plan to get some more as I like "mass." One box gives you enough for a diorama of skirmishing.

Carabiniers

HaTCarabiniers1.jpg

HaTCarabiniers2.jpg

Chasseurs

HaTChasseurs1.jpg

HaTChasseurs2.jpg

The guy's in the 3rd pic 2nd row look like they are falling asleep.
I hope hat will make some British troops :) Don't know why but i like painting Red Coats.

The marching troops look more like they are marching in the field rather than a parade. Good standard British troops with the pre-Waterloo shako would be great. I could use them for the US War of 1812.

I can see swapping the heads around for more poses as the uniform of the two types of troops are the same.

The marching troops look more like they are marching in the field rather than a parade. Good standard British troops with the pre-Waterloo shako would be great. I could use them for the US War of 1812.

I can see swapping the heads around for more poses as the uniform of the two types of troops are the same.

I just want more poses to go with my ACTA Foot Gaurds.

Good luck on that. I found that some of the available plastic Napoleonics are made in a variety of 1/32 scales. :confused: Timpo poses have to be 60 years old as I saw them the "rich kids" with them in the late 50s. Airfix poses are at least 40 years old.

Compare.jpg

Yea the Airfix are getting long in the tooth...but they paint up well and what else is there.
The Timpo Highlanders are still about the best i think :cool:

I like the Timpo Highlanders in the firing and loading positions. The charging ones are kind of clumsy looking. They are the best of the Timpo Napoleonics. I think the line was ment to be played with "hard" like our "green army men" and cowboys in the back yard. I have a "ton" of the the Napoleonic from the various recastings. I took all the cavalry, gave the horses to charity, and mounted the men on HaT dragoon horses.

TimpoBritishSquare5.jpg

These new HaT French, at $15.00 US for 18 figures means you could have a "huge" Light Infantry regiment of all three type of companies for under $100.00. I'm going to get another three boxes of the Chasseurs, and one of the Voltigeurs when they come out plus the command set and have the right ratio of regiment's companies.

There's a dealer in New York trying to get $24.00 per box!

Yes, when I used to have my big display shelf I had a Napoleonics firing line, defending against a US Civil War attack (Conte,TSSD with Airfix, Accurate support & Italeri and Imex Cav). Of those Napoleonics, the Timpo Highlanders had the most character. They are more robust than Airfix but they worked well with the various CTA figures. Their colour was good too - it had a highland look to it.

Hands over the firelock on the advancing figures is a bit disappointing. Otherwise I'd say for the price of figures these days they are pretty good, should paint up well and look good en mass.
fub

Users who are viewing this thread

Back