Piper Castings (1 Viewer)

blaster

Captain
Hi,

Anyone remember Piper Castings? It used to produce a couple of old yeomanry castings based on Historex conversions. I see a reference that the owner was one Les Piper and the business has shut down. I was wondering where one could get some examples of the figures (nothing so far on ebay)

I note that there is a Pipercraft (in Scotland) but they seem to produce perwter 80-100mm figures.

Rgds Victor

Hi,

Anyone remember Piper Castings? It used to produce a couple of old yeomanry castings based on Historex conversions. I see a reference that the owner was one Les Piper and the business has shut down. I was wondering where one could get some examples of the figures (nothing so far on ebay)

I note that there is a Pipercraft (in Scotland) but they seem to produce perwter 80-100mm figures.

Rgds Victor

I vaguely remember them. I believe they operated back in the 70s. That was a time when a lot of small companies started up, operated for a few months and then vanished. Bofors was another that springs to mind. I think you will have a long search to find examples. I will have a scrummage through back numbers of M ilitary Modelling to see if I can find some details of their products and post whatever comes to light. Trooper

So far only found reference to the John Piper Collection, a company in Kingston upon Thames making 1:100 scale models of Allied and Warsaw Pact vehicles and accessories. Will keep looking. Trooper

Hi Alan,

You are having fun, aren't you browsing thru the old mags?
I remember John Piper's 1/100 vehicles, a new scale he was trying to promote, mainly for Warsaw Pact-Nato type wargaming.
Didn't he also start Scalelink or did I get that wrong?

The Piper castings I saw were being sold at ""Under two Flags"London.

Rgds Victor

Hi Alan,

You are having fun, aren't you browsing thru the old mags?
I remember John Piper's 1/100 vehicles, a new scale he was trying to promote, mainly for Warsaw Pact-Nato type wargaming.
Didn't he also start Scalelink or did I get that wrong?

The Piper castings I saw were being sold at ""Under two Flags"London.

Rgds Victor

Hi Victor, yes it is quite an eye opener rervisiting the 70s and 80s, even found an advert for a new company called King and Country selling boxes of 8 figures for £18!! What is surprising is the wealth of companies in existance at that time, a very few of which are still with us. Also of interest is the number of modellers at that time, far more people scratch building and converting than nowadays. Seems as though modellers will soon be as extinct as the dodo. Not sure whether John Piper started Scalelink but I have an idea he was involved with it in some capacity. Still looking. Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back