Plastic Warrior Show (1 Viewer)

jac28

Sergeant
Hi All,

I was just wondering if any of you have attended the Plastic Warrior Show or plan to attend the next one in May near London. I'll be attending this show with Ron and Mary Ann Barzso and I'm extremely excited as it will be my first trip to the UK! I've looked for information on the web but have only come up with the show date and location from Plastic Warrior's website and a few photos from Stad's.

We'll be spending a week in the UK and will be visiting some castles, etc.. I can't wait!

Any info and/or photos, etc. would be appreciated.

Thx very much!

Jim

Hope you have a great time and the weather is favourable.

I don't know what your itinerary is like or if this would interest you. If you get a chance get out of London and head NORTH !!!! :D The city of York has a great Viking museum complete with smells etc... They also have an excellent railway museum. In the city of Leeds the is also the Royal Armouries.

No matter where you go the scenery will dazzle and for history it's a country you just can't beat.

Sorry my patriotism ran away with me :D:D:D

Hope you have a great time and the weather is favourable.

I don't know what your itinerary is like or if this would interest you. If you get a chance get out of London and head NORTH !!!! :D The city of York has a great Viking museum complete with smells etc... They also have an excellent railway museum. In the city of Leeds the is also the Royal Armouries.

No matter where you go the scenery will dazzle and for history it's a country you just can't beat.

Sorry my patriotism ran away with me :D:D:D

We haven't set our itinerary yet.. but Nottingham in on the agenda - and yes, I know it's not supposed to be much - but I HAVE to see the Major Oak in what's left of Sherwood... Also I'd like to see Warwicke Castle and Bodiam Castle... and.. well there's going to be too much to see and do!

If someone asked me to choose one and only one place to visit it - would be England.. I've always been a fan of medieval history and legend. And to see a real honest to goodness castle... amazing (at least to me).

Thx for the tips.

Jim

Whereabouts are you thinking of venturing Jim?

Simon

Well some of the sites that are on my "short" list include:

Warwicke Castle
Bodiam Castle
Tower of London
Windsor Castle
Sherwood Forest / Robin Hood stuff
Hever Castle

If I can get to these places I'll be really happy - everything else is gravy...

Any other ideas - insights, tips, etc?

Thx

Jim

I'm also looking forward to the Plastic Warrior Show itself!

Well some of the sites that are on my "short" list include:

Warwicke Castle
Bodiam Castle
Tower of London
Windsor Castle
Sherwood Forest / Robin Hood stuff
Hever Castle

If I can get to these places I'll be really happy - everything else is gravy...

Any other ideas - insights, tips, etc?

Thx

Jim

I'm also looking forward to the Plastic Warrior Show itself!

Hi Jim,

I live in East Sussex where both Bodiam and Hever Castle are situated (about 40 minutes drive away) and would be more than happy to give you the guided tour. London is an hour away by train from my home, so both are easy to see in one day.

Regards

Jeff

Jim,

I can offer a similar service for Nottingham. Unfortunately you can't get inside the Major Oak anymore, for fear of it falling down (Health and Safety do-gooders :rolleyes:), but you can get up to see it, and whilst the Forest is no longer as it once was, it is scenic enough.

Nottingham Castle is not the same build as it was circa Robin Hood era, but it is located approximately 50 yards from 'Ye Old Trip to Jerusalem' pub, which I think I'm safe in saying, is like nothing you'll find in the States.

Simon

Yeah if I ever go to England, the pubs would be high on my list of things to see.

Jim,

I can offer a similar service for Nottingham. Unfortunately you can't get inside the Major Oak anymore, for fear of it falling down (Health and Safety do-gooders :rolleyes:), but you can get up to see it, and whilst the Forest is no longer as it once was, it is scenic enough.

Nottingham Castle is not the same build as it was circa Robin Hood era, but it is located approximately 50 yards from 'Ye Old Trip to Jerusalem' pub, which I think I'm safe in saying, is like nothing you'll find in the States.

Simon

Simon and Jeff,

Thank you both for your kind offers... we may have to take you up on the offer of tour guide! Simon - I found Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem on the internet and I thought it looked like a great place to go! I'm really looking forward to visiting your country and try to take in as much of the sites as possible! If you want, you can send me a private message with any contact information so possibly we can meet up in May.

Thx again,

Jim

Simon and Jeff,

Thank you both for your kind offers... we may have to take you up on the offer of tour guide! Simon - I found Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem on the internet and I thought it looked like a great place to go! I'm really looking forward to visiting your country and try to take in as much of the sites as possible! If you want, you can send me a private message with any contact information so possibly we can meet up in May.

Thx again,

Jim

Jim,

It would be a pleasure to meet you and take you around Bodiam and Hever, there is some nice countryside around my neck of the woods and should be looking lovely and green. There are some excellent watering holes as well :D

Jeff

Jim,

It would be a pleasure to meet you and take you around Bodiam and Hever, there is some nice countryside around my neck of the woods and should be looking lovely and green. There are some excellent watering holes as well :D

Jeff

Jeff - How's the weather there in mid-May??

Jeff - How's the weather there in mid-May??

Not too bad down in the South East of England, tends to be warmer than the rest of the UK, but you must have heard about the British weather.....can be rather unpredictable at times :eek:

Jeff

The UK isn't really noted for it's glorious weather. Last time I was there in May it was only about 15C

Yes... :rolleyes: But last year we had an early summer, a mini heatwave at the end of April where it got to nearly 90 in some places, but the summer was a washout.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back