Postcards from Dunkerque series?? (1 Viewer)

Peter Reuss

2nd Lieutenant
Here's the latest ad from K&C. These sets will be available in October.

Postcards%20from%20Dunkerque_September%202005.jpg

The add indicates that the figures are "sculpted and painted up to King & Country's High standards". I thought these were going to be unpainted figures. I am thrilled if they are being sold painted, but is this correct or a typo in the add?

They're really well done, especially the Char...

I think I may have to get the Char it is too good to pass up. Might just have to join the ranks of the King and Country faithful for this one. One question did they do a panzer 2 for this same period?

Dave

What will their approximite price be? Anyone?

....................yes these come painted as the rest of the range.

These are fantastic. I had thought Andy said that these would be unpainted but if they're painted, all the better. I also thought he said that they would be only available in Europe first. If that's the case, how do I put in an oder with you Bob?

Joey,

I would imagine that the singles will be around $23 and the tank either $89 or $99.

Pricing will probably be out in the next day or 2.

Bill Sager

I’m glad to see that these will be pre-painted and apparently to be release in the USA as well as Europe. These are wonderful figures!!! I will have added them all to my ever growing list of MUST HAVE. :)

King's Man

Excellent individual picture have been posted on the main King and Country web site. These truly are fabulously sculptured figures. The faces are full of emotions. The walking Tommy without a hat is so rich in detail as to show him smoking a cigarette.

OUTSTANDING!!!

Fantastic. One query though: was the Cross of Lorraine not adopted exclusively by de Gaulle's forces after the Fall of France?
(I can remember reading a history of the Italian campaign in 1943/1944, in which there were Free French Forces - Algerians, Morroccans and French - attached to the US Fifth Army. They used the Lorraine Cross as their symbol. The former Vichy French Forces - in many cases these being cases in which it entailed nothing more than the change of a brass plate outside a colonial governor's mansion or Armée d'Afrique barracks - however, were largely deployed separately from de Gaulle's Free French Forces. The former Vichy Forces used the French cockrel as their symbol instead of the Cross of Lorraine, and their officers still looked upon themselves as the 'legal' army of France, much to the mutual antipathy of their Free French compatriots).
Can any of our WWII history experts clarify? I'm fairly sure that it would've been a symbol in widespread use anyway but was it actually used by the French tank regiments at the time of Dunkirk?

This new series will cover battle and campaigns that are not normally covered. I wonder if something such as Polish soldiers who tried to defend their country 66 years ago today would be part of this series?

Did everyone notice the new advertising slogan: "An Original New Series from the No. 1 Name in "Painted" Military Miniatures." I do not think this is a typo.

jazzeum said:
This new series will cover battle and campaigns that are not normally covered. I wonder if something such as Polish soldiers who tried to defend their country 66 years ago today would be part of this series?
The early Allied propaganda cited alleged examples of Polish cavalry charging Wehrmacht tank formations. This was fiction, although there were many heroic and doomed acts. (Poland had been partitioned for so long in its history many ordinary soldiers felt the moral obligation to fight to the last round. Numerous examples abound where formations were ordered to hold for hours and they held for days). A better, and more militarily useful, example of Polish heroism might be found at Monte Cassino. Or perhaps the doomed Warsaw uprising. There are so many potential campaigns out there that K&C could feature it really blows open the parameters of the WWII series for both historians and toy soldier collectors.

That is a interesting point about having the Cross of Lorraine at the time of Dunkerque.

Further to my earlier point about Polish soldiers, it would be interesting to see representations of the tanks and soldiers that fought in the Falaise Gap, although this would not really classify as a "Field of Battle."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back