Prussian Room Collection (2 Viewers)

ucla1967

Major
I spent last Saturday morning at Bob's house with a primary object of distributing the latest Hiriart toy soldier order, but also to see his newly reorganized Prussian room. He has moved all of his head gear out of the curio, which now is basically for displaying his toy soldiers. His fabulous headgear collection is now grouped together in various places. He also has all of his uniforms properly displayed.

I took a couple of photos of the entire curio wall which didn't turn out due to some issue with the flash fooling the camera. But in any case, the close-ups all came out fine. Bob surveying his collection. General views of the room including two display cases for some of his head gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man oh man every time I see this collection it gives me the shakes! Amazing doesn't do it justice. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Dave

Thanks also to the owner, for allowing all of us, poor mortal, to see this wonderfull collection

Best

I spent last Saturday morning at Bob's house with a primary object of distributing the latest Hiriart toy soldier order, but also to see his newly reorganized Prussian room. He has moved all of his head gear out of the curio, which now is basically for displaying his toy soldiers. His fabulous headgear collection is now grouped together in various places. He also has all of his uniforms properly displayed.

I took a couple of photos of the entire curio wall which didn't turn out due to some issue with the flash fooling the camera. But in any case, the close-ups all came out fine. Bob surveying his collection. General views of the room including two display cases for some of his head gear.
What a wonderful collection...the Helmets blew me away...they are fantasic...so are the uniforms etc...etc...thank you for posting the photos.....TomB

Man oh man every time I see this collection it gives me the shakes! Amazing doesn't do it justice. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Dave

I have seen Bob's collection many times and it still blows me away, too. It is just unbelievable.

Thanks also to the owner, for allowing all of us, poor mortal, to see this wonderfull collection

Best

We may be mere mortals, but we are sometimes allowed to rub shoulders with the gods.

What a wonderful collection...the Helmets blew me away...they are fantasic...so are the uniforms etc...etc...thank you for posting the photos.....TomB

Thanks Tom. It is my pleasure to share this wonderful collection with you guys.

More helmets. Reminder: All this is just in one room! I could easily spend the whole day in that room looking at this collection with Rimski-Korsakov playing in the background.

The collection of helmets is totally awesome! surely there must be some replica's and repro's mixed in?
Ray

Looking up to see the tent-like ceiling. Helmets on top of the toy soldier display curio. Though not technically in the Prussian room, the last two photos are overflow from there.

All ORIGINAL Helmets!?!?!?! So this is truly more of a Museum than a collection, That's impressive! So are the walls wall papered? you tell me someone painted it and I'll fall out of my chair {sm3}
Ray

PS like the steins too, I've seen the bottom of many similar ones!

All ORIGINAL Helmets!?!?!?! So this is truly more of a Museum than a collection, That's impressive! So are the walls wall papered? you tell me someone painted it and I'll fall out of my chair {sm3}
Ray

PS like the steins too, I've seen the bottom of many similar ones!

My guess is that there are several museums who would love to have this collection. I love the walls--just like being inside a 19th century campaign tent. It is actually wall paper. It must have been a challenge to keep those lines straight with all the angles involved.

Continuing. Notice that many of the figures on display are larger than 54mm and are composition rather than metal.

And the last photo I took is of Bob's special commission Russian battleship from Metal Shed which is the centerpiece of the Prussian Room.

And the last photo I took is of Bob's special commission Russian battleship from Metal Shed which is the centerpiece of the Prussian Room.

"Awesome" is a much mis-used word, nowadays. In this case, however, it is most appropriate. jb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back