Regal Toy Soldiers Paint Guides for AIP (1 Viewer)

Marchand

Private
http://regaltoysoldiers.com/

If you go to the Regal Toy Soldiers site, there are lots of painted figures to use as guides for your Armies In Plastic figures. If fact, many of the figures are identical to the plastic ones.

You can click on individual photos and make them quite large. There are sure lots of future possibilities for AIP, like the sun helmet Scottish troops of WW1 or German Jagers or numerous machine guns and cannon for WW1 armies.

I save different photos to help me in painting ideas.

I like the banner on the first slide on the landing page: "We see lead people". That's good!

Prost!
Brad

PS--I see that they're located in Wappinger's Falls, NY. There used to be a collector, named Ken Wittrich, I think, or Wittenrich, something like that, who was also in Wappinger's Falls. I think he traded as West Falls Toy Soldiers. He sold solid castings of hollowcast subjects, and new issues of makers long out of business. Richard O'Brien listed him in his book, but I never contacted him. I wonder if there is any connection between the two.

Regal is Tony's (of AIP) metal soldier company partner in NZ. For whatever reason, he had the metal figures cast and painted in NZ.
These are the same metal lines that he carried in his shop outside of West Point.
Soldiers of the World is what he calls his metal line.

I have a couple of the AIP ACW sculpts in painted metal, that I got from him.
They were made and painted in NZ.

And you are correct about the sculpts. AIP plastics are the same as the metal figures.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back