Removing figure from its base or from another figure to which it's fastened (1 Viewer)

jkstew11

Private 2
Not certain if this is the right forum to post this question/thread. Anyway, I'm seeking advice about how to remove a W. Britain Viking figure from its base and from another figure to which it is also attached. The set in question is Britain 62122 (Viking Striking Downed Saxon). I am assuming that the attachments are accomplished using a glue...perhaps? Is there a glue solvent that can be placed at points of attachment, if indeed glue was used? I'm not concerned about the loss of paint at or near those points as I can re-paint. I'd like to separate those two figures from one another and from the base to begin a conversion. I have used a hack saw blade on Conte metal figures in the past to accomplish same sort of thing, but it is painstakingly labor intensive (slow and steady). There's got to be a better way, but is there?

Hi jkstew11

You probably are referring to this figure set.

Britain 62122

There doesn't seem to be a figure base.

I'm guessing that the foot attachment to the fallen saxon shield is probably strengthened with a cast metal insert thru a hole in the shield and glued or soldered on. You probably have to use a hacksaw or a pair of cutting pliers.

Rgds Victor

s-l1600.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back