Roy Brown's Camel (1 Viewer)

Great shots, Moe. The iconic cherry-nosed Camel takes me back to the days of my youth, back when Brown had shot down the Red Baron, back before we knew it was a ground-pounder that got him. -- Al

Great shots, Moe. The iconic cherry-nosed Camel takes me back to the days of my youth, back when Brown had shot down the Red Baron, back before we knew it was a ground-pounder that got him. -- Al

Australians always knew!

Thanks Al, thought I'd offer a look at one of JJ's older models. This is one of the first lot that was manufactured without the stand-fitting. Also, notice the relatively primitive treatment of the replica's prop that was typical of these early sets.

-Moe

Australians always knew!

Martin, I could swear that someone told me that the Brisbane group was working on a big new diorama. Assuming that the recollection isn't owed to premature senility, I'm looking forward to some pictures!

-Moe

Salute to the Aussie Emma Gees.:salute:: -- Al

One aspect of military culture that I've always adored is the rampant embrace and bastardization of its own acronyms. One of these days, we'll have to dedicate a thread to the practice. Then again, I'm afraid that every other post would end up deleted by the forum poopahs. For that matter, is "bastardization" legal round here?:eek:;)

-Moe

Thanks Al, thought I'd offer a look at one of JJ's older models. This is one of the first lot that was manufactured without the stand-fitting. Also, notice the relatively primitive treatment of the replica's prop that was typical of these early sets.

-Moe
Moe, I've been collecting these things so long it seems as though half my collection has no stand fittings. By actual count, 12 of my models have no stand fitting, including 4 of the 7 tripes. I would love to see a re-issue of the early Red Baron's tripe with all the updated treatment, including a new prop. -- Al

I would love to see a re-issue of the early Red Baron's tripe with all the updated treatment, including a new prop. -- Al

Hmm, the requisite demand certainly appears to abound.:cool:

-Moe

Great diorama, with excellent deep coloured photography !

Love the backdrop.

Thank you for posting.

You're welcome, Ivanhoe. And thank you for your generous characterization of my pics!:)

-Moe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back