SAS Iranian Embassey Siege (1 Viewer)

Cardigan600

Memoriam Member
Yo Troopers, thought you might like to see this Special made by Chas Stadden after the Embassey Siege which put the SAS on the World Stage, and showed how good these special Forces really are. Chas showed one of the SAS shaking hands with a London Bobby after the Siege, painted by Andy Kent ex manager of Chas Stadden Studios.:D. What a piece. Put a better photo up when it arrives. Also a couple more of the master's models painted by Andy.
Bernard.

Attachments

• SAS London Siege.jpg
    SAS London Siege.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 528
  • DSC01946[1].jpg
    DSC01946[1].jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 522
  • 8th Hussar 1854.jpg
    8th Hussar 1854.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 520
  • DSCF9012[1].jpg
    DSCF9012[1].jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 492
You have an awesome collection of Staddens Bernard, some very diverse pieces in there.

You have an awesome collection of Staddens Bernard, some very diverse pieces in there.

Yo Scott, cheers mate, but only scratched the surface so far. Diverse is the right word. Chas tried to cover all periods and events, still trying to get some of his first & Second World War models. We will endeavour to endeavour lol.
Bernard.

Thanks for putting the photo up Bernard, you're right, it's a great looking piece.
Cheers
Simon

Yo Troopers, thought you might like to see this Special made by Chas Stadden after the Embassey Siege which put the SAS on the World Stage, and showed how good these special Forces really are. Chas showed one of the SAS shaking hands with a London Bobby after the Siege, painted by Andy Kent ex manager of Chas Stadden Studios.:D. What a piece. Put a better photo up when it arrives. Also a couple more of the master's models painted by Andy.
Bernard.

Bernard,

Thanks very much for showing your Stadden collection.

I am not too familiar with scale/s of the figures from this manufacturer.

There are the larger personality figures on the bases and the smaller figures like the SAS and Bobby set with no base.

Is there a website that shows the Stadden range?

Raymond.:)

Bernard,

Thanks very much for showing your Stadden collection.

I am not too familiar with scale/s of the figures from this manufacturer.

There are the larger personality figures on the bases and the smaller figures like the SAS and Bobby set with no base.

Is there a website that shows the Stadden range?

Raymond.:)

Yo Raymond, The Chas Stadden from the 1970s to 1995 were only made in 90mm pewter, except for his chess sets which were 54mm. Chas also made a few 200mm which you can see a couple in my albums of not issued items. Pre 1970s all Chas models were mostly 54mm made for many different manufactures the main one being Tradition of London. The SAS & London Bobby is 90mm its just a temporary photo until they arrive. All the models shown in my main Chas Stadden album are all 90mm. There are no web sites that show the Chas Stadden range of models, ONLY ME lol:D. TKS a company that bought the Chas moulds when he retired used to have a site but they closed down some months back. In total Chas issued 212 models in his Catalogue of which 8 were mounted, then he made specials as the SAS & London Bobby, Sherlock Holmes, the Marine Skier etc in my album, plus some more models for the marines & Fire Brigade but mainly under the the Buckingham Pewter name, and usually not painted and a different base. Hope this helps;).
Bernard.

Yo Raymond, The Chas Stadden from the 1970s to 1995 were only made in 90mm pewter, except for his chess sets which were 54mm. Chas also made a few 200mm which you can see a couple in my albums of not issued items. Pre 1970s all Chas models were mostly 54mm made for many different manufactures the main one being Tradition of London. The SAS & London Bobby is 90mm its just a temporary photo until they arrive. All the models shown in my main Chas Stadden album are all 90mm. There are no web sites that show the Chas Stadden range of models, ONLY ME lol:D. TKS a company that bought the Chas moulds when he retired used to have a site but they closed down some months back. In total Chas issued 212 models in his Catalogue of which 8 were mounted, then he made specials as the SAS & London Bobby, Sherlock Holmes, the Marine Skier etc in my album, plus some more models for the marines & Fire Brigade but mainly under the the Buckingham Pewter name, and usually not painted and a different base. Hope this helps;).
Bernard.

Hi Bernard,

Your comprehensive reply sure does help.

I have taken the liberty to highlight in bold some of your key points.

Also, I have viewed the very nice images of the 90mm figures in your album.

The bases add another estimated 20mm thereabout, so these figures do stand tall.

I shall look forward to seeing the SAS and London Bobby set in another photograph when you take delivery.

Thanks very much for your kind assistance,

Raymond.

Yo Troopers, pleased to say the Troops arrived all ready for parade and no injuries from the mail:D. Just put some new photos up of the models, will have to retake Sherlock & Watson its a bit of centre:(. Well plesed just love the special of the SAS shaking hands with a London Bobby after the Iranian Embassey Siege.:D
Bernard.

Attachments

• SL731871.JPG
    SL731871.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 219
  • SL731870.JPG
    SL731870.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 197
  • SL731864.JPG
    SL731864.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 201
  • SL731866.jpg
    SL731866.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 203
Yo Troopers, pleased to say the Troops arrived all ready for parade and no injuries from the mail:D. Just put some new photos up of the models, will have to retake Sherlock & Watson its a bit of centre:(. Well plesed just love the special of the SAS shaking hands with a London Bobby after the Iranian Embassey Siege.:D
Bernard.

Hi Bernard,

Most glad the pair of figures arrived in good order.

The SAS officer and the London Bobby look much nicer in your photo.

Good acquisition.

Thanks, Raymond.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back