Scale Link series....WW1 (1 Viewer)

Artillery_crazy

2nd Lieutenant
Dear All,

For those of us that love to create your own batallions and scenarios.....I unfortunately bring disturbing news......{sm2}{sm2}{sm2}
With my last order from Bob at Scale Link came a letter saying he is closing down and going into retirement as of mid-summer.....
After 45 years Scale Link will close down or sold to an interested party that wishes to continue the business....
For me personally it is a big blow, for all my WW1, French Foreign Legion and many other " thinking out of the box " projects were only possible due to the flexibility of the several different assembly options that Scale Link gave...
Once Bob closes shop and no one buys the business from him , KAPUT ....we no longer have a decent source for our WW1 soldiers, artillery, cavalry and vehicles.....What a pitty...
I have wished Bob all the best on his retirement, I am keeping my fingers crossed that someone buys the business and keeps it open, as at the sametime placed a large order for my last big WW1 project using Scale Link {sm2}{sm2}{sm2}
I can only thank Bob and him keeping up with this series ( made by Alan Calton ) all these years, allowing us these diveres series....
Cheers
Luiz ( Artillery Crazy )

Attachments

• OPlimber.jpg
    OPlimber.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 663
  • MGStorm.jpg
    MGStorm.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 647
  • IMG_8182.JPG
    IMG_8182.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 637
  • IMG_7694.JPG
    IMG_7694.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 658
  • AdvanceStorm.jpg
    AdvanceStorm.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 630
Dear All,:rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

For those of us that love to create your own batallions and scenarios.....I unfortunately bring disturbing news......{sm2}{sm2}{sm2}
With my last order from Bob at Scale Link came a letter saying he is closing down and going into retirement as of mid-summer.....
After 45 years Scale Link will close down or sold to an interested party that wishes to continue the business....
For me personally it is a big blow, for all my WW1, French Foreign Legion and many other " thinking out of the box " projects were only possible due to the flexibility of the several different assembly options that Scale Link gave...
Once Bob closes shop and no one buys the business from him , KAPUT ....we no longer have a decent source for our WW1 soldiers, artillery, cavalry and vehicles.....What a pitty...
I have wished Bob all the best on his retirement, I am keeping my fingers crossed that someone buys the business and keeps it open, as at the sametime placed a large order for my last big WW1 project using Scale Link {sm2}{sm2}{sm2}
I can only thank Bob and him keeping up with this series ( made by Alan Calton ) all these years, allowing us these diveres series....
Cheers
Luiz ( Artillery Crazy )

Attachments

• IMG_1444 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_1444 (Copy).JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_5052.JPG
    IMG_5052.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 477
  • 403.JPG
    403.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 469
  • 322.JPG
    322.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 467
  • 254.JPG
    254.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 462
KAPUT for Scale Link series....WW1

Dear All,

Cheers
Luiz ( Artillery Crazy )

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 470
  • image002 (56).jpg
    image002 (56).jpg
    30 KB · Views: 498
  • FFL Column on march.jpg
    FFL Column on march.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 482
  • armoured car.jpg
    armoured car.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 509
  • FFL Machinegun detachment.jpg
    FFL Machinegun detachment.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 468
Dear All,

Cheers
Luiz ( Artillery Crazy )[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• IMG_7675.JPG
    IMG_7675.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_7689.JPG
    IMG_7689.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_3919.JPG
    IMG_3919.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_3918.JPG
    IMG_3918.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_4373.JPG
    IMG_4373.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 521
Sorry to hear this . . . Scale Link is one of my favorite manufacturers. Unfortunately, due to the rising cost of both metal and the over-all economy, they priced themselves out of my market. However, I have a dozen or so SL Scots in various poses that I'd be glad to sell at reasonable price. Contact me off line and make a quote and we'll see where it stands after a week or so. I prefer to sell in the USA owing to the high cost of postage elsewhere.

Bosun Al

Hello Luiz,

Thanks for sharing this. Yes, I will miss this venerable company as I really like their products. I haven't purchased their stuff for some years now as I have amassed a large stock many years back. In addition, the costs of their single figures which, when compared to present standards, is pricey for the standard of sculpting. They could have explored casting their figures in resin to cut costs. Overall, the quality of their ordinance is fantastic, albeit a little pricey.

Rgds Victor

Hi All,

I have just placed an order with Bob Scalelink and there is no mention of closing down on his website.

Rgds Victor

I've just received my order from Scalelink. There was a notice with my order that the owner will be retiring and is exploring selling off Scalelink.

FYI

Vic

A couple more Scale Link Series......run as Bob plans to close down the operation in case he does not identify a buyer......

Attachments

• IMG_9667.JPG
    IMG_9667.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_9668.JPG
    IMG_9668.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_9666.JPG
    IMG_9666.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 222
  • aacar2 (002).jpg
    aacar2 (002).jpg
    146 KB · Views: 202
  • 7more germans (002).jpg
    7more germans (002).jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 208
Hi Victor,

Bob is still trading for now, as long as inventory lasts...Just last month I got my latest order......
Cheers
Luiz

Hi All,

I have just placed an order with Bob Scalelink and there is no mention of closing down on his website.

Rgds Victor

Attachments

• French Colonial troops.jpg
    French Colonial troops.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_9028.JPG
    IMG_9028.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 206
  • rangeprac.jpg
    rangeprac.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 210
  • dozenrifles.jpg
    dozenrifles.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 205
  • 16 rifles.jpg
    16 rifles.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 201
A couple more Scale Link Series......run as Bob plans to close down the operation in case he does not identify a buyer......

Attachments

• 3bwfire.jpg
    3bwfire.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 221
  • OPlimber2.jpg
    OPlimber2.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_7694.JPG
    IMG_7694.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_8182.JPG
    IMG_8182.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_8181.JPG
    IMG_8181.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 220
It will be a great loss to those of us that hate the out of the box, mass produced sets, and not being able to put our imagination at work and come up with unique figures the day Bob closes down for good......
Thanks to the flexibility of the WW1 Series that Scalelink offers and the expertise that without any doubt is heavily contributed by John...my imagination would never be translated to these unique sets.....{sm4}

Attachments

• IMG_7692.JPG
    IMG_7692.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_7636.JPG
    IMG_7636.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_7726 (Copy).jpg
    IMG_7726 (Copy).jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_7611 (Copy).jpg
    IMG_7611 (Copy).jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_7723 (Copy).jpg
    IMG_7723 (Copy).jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 269
It will be a great loss to those of us that hate the out of the box, mass produced sets, and not being able to put our imagination at work and come up with unique figures the day Bob closes down for good......
Thanks to the flexibility of the WW1 Series that Scalelink offers and the expertise that without any doubt is heavily contributed by John...my imagination would never be translated to these unique sets.....{sm4}

Great pieces,I have a hundred or so late War ScaleLink AEF,French & German(mostly POWs).Still have sets coming in but supply is dwindling as listed.
Camp Randall put out some nice pieces in Nick's day as well.
Doing a 100 building St.Mihiel 1918 extravaganza for a while now.40 French tanks,trucks,staff cars,ambulances,wagons,carts,mules,medics,nurses,clergy,
cooks,civilians...AEF moving up,pounded French unit returning(W/German POWs, -WIAs for both).Mostly metal but some resin/plastics as well.
1000 WW2 Jarheads and like # Japanese,weapons ,bunkers,AFVs,Arty, LVTs,Higgins Boats but...
No interest in tree-hugging NYState in displaying same.

Sold 10,000 pieces(metal) to Crown Miniatures a few years back..all RevWar-Civil war items.Still have many metal F&I figures to deal however.
I've been busy.

Wow,

That seems to be a huge project that you are in....Any chance of sharing a few pictures of the sets in this thread? I would love to see them...
Cheers
A_C

Great pieces,I have a hundred or so late War ScaleLink AEF,French & German(mostly POWs).Still have sets coming in but supply is dwindling as listed.
Camp Randall put out some nice pieces in Nick's day as well.
Doing a 100 building St.Mihiel 1918 extravaganza for a while now.40 French tanks,trucks,staff cars,ambulances,wagons,carts,mules,medics,nurses,clergy,
cooks,civilians...AEF moving up,pounded French unit returning(W/German POWs, -WIAs for both).Mostly metal but some resin/plastics as well.
1000 WW2 Jarheads and like # Japanese,weapons ,bunkers,AFVs,Arty, LVTs,Higgins Boats but...
No interest in tree-hugging NYState in displaying same.

Sold 10,000 pieces(metal) to Crown Miniatures a few years back..all RevWar-Civil war items.Still have many metal F&I figures to deal however.
I've been busy.

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread but is Scale Link still operational? I see their site is active.

No, Scale Link closed several years ago, but you can still find their figures on eBay . . . often at a good price.

Bosun AL

Very happy to say I just received an email from Bob. Scale Link is still in business and I have a large shipment en route!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back