Sculpting Comissions (1 Viewer)

Vicknor

Sergeant
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any recommendations for high quality sculptors for 54-60mm figures. Happy to follow links to websites and the like, but also happy to receive PMs.

I'm looking for sculpting to the level of CURRENT FL and KnC pieces.

Ideally, I'd love to get 10-15 pieces sculpted from artwork I provide.

The pieces are of a personal rather than a commercial nature.

Thanks in advance for the help

Vick

Just a note - for the PM's I have received. When I have replied, it shows no messages in my sent folder and no messages to track.

If those who have messaged have not received replies, can you please PM me alternative means of contacting you

Thanks

Vick

You might consider trying Shapeways, too, and having your designs rendered via 3D printing. It might be cheaper than commissioning a sculptor.

Also, if you do want a sculptor, you might want to post on PlanetFigure, www.planetfigure.com, which is more of a painters' and sculptors' forum. There are several members there who sculpt and produce their own lines of figures, including those using traditional media and methods, and those using 3D sculpting.

Prost!
Brad

You might consider trying Shapeways, too, and having your designs rendered via 3D printing. It might be cheaper than commissioning a sculptor.

Also, if you do want a sculptor, you might want to post on PlanetFigure, www.planetfigure.com, which is more of a painters' and sculptors' forum. There are several members there who sculpt and produce their own lines of figures, including those using traditional media and methods, and those using 3D sculpting.

Prost!
Brad

Thanks Brad,
I'll spend a couple of hours on Planet Figure this afternoon if only to increase my understanding of the processes involved.

Regarding 3D printing. It would be my understanding (possibly mistaken) that at the current capabilities of 3D printing, it would be unable to render intricate insignia or markings on equipment in a 54-60mm piece?

Anyone done any 3D printing?

there are many available decals that can be applied to these figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back