SdKfz 250 (1 Viewer)

Alexdakar

Command Sergeant Major
Were there any winter SdKfz 250s ? I usually see them in the Afrika campaign or on the west front in German grey.

According the information I have this vehicle was a work horse with a lot of variations and was in service through 1945 so if I was a guessing man I'd say they had to have a winter version for Russia. So you wouldnt be wrong with a white wash over the grey or even the later mustardy color with white over that.

Dave

I have some HJB 250's spare that I whitewashed for Russia, they look OK. I like the fact that you can stand figues in them.

I couldn't find any pictures of a winter 250 but here is what I came up with.

Attachments

• winter250.jpg
    winter250.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 190
Alexdakar said:
I couldn't find any pictures of a winter 250 but here is what I came up with.

Now Alex,

That is very, very cool, well done. I new those HJB vehicles were good for something, LOL.

Carlos

Yeah, those HJB vehicles are cool. I'm thinking of doing a tri camo paint job on one of them.

Nice paint job!!

Would you/anyone know how the winter Britains SdKfz 250 compares to HJB's, in scale, to K&C figures?

Thanks!

Hi Tomy_crown

My guess is the Britains vehicle will be too small for the king and country figures. The Britains vehicles are usually fairly close to the 54mm size and King and Country is generally 60mm but I have also heard they are even larger in somecases (65mm). However I dont have one in hand to compare it too. Best person(s) on this site to ask would probably be Louis or Jazzeum (Brad) The are quite knowledgable on the King and Country vehicles and figures where I mainly have Britains in my collection.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back