So Happy to Have Found This Group.... (1 Viewer)

GTH114

Private
My name is Genevieve, I am a new member on this site. I have come to own a rather large collection of miniature metal soldiers all of which will be sold....problem is....wow this hobby is overwhelming and I do not want to misrepresent or wrongfully claim facts as my sale listings matter a great deal to me 😊.

This is what I've done so far....

Separated boxed sets from loose figures

Took inventory of boxed sets being labeled correctly and checked for missing pieces

Separated loose figures into what seems to be three collections:

Napoleonic
Crusades (knights)
Roman

From there I have organized each collection into:

Marked/Signed
Unmarked/Unsigned

Then further into:

100% intact
Missing weapon/shield/flag or other small part
Broken

As well as separated loose parts, horses, cannons into respective collections.....

My question now is what is the next step to take? There is no way to list them all separately so should I...

Try to sell the whole lot? How and where should I look for buyers as the whole lot cannot be shipped easily.

List branded figures individually then group remaining into lots or group them all into lots?

How do collectors like to purchase these figures?

Should they be grouped by brand, by type, by era, ???

Oh boy, then I have the maker issue.... especially Russian makers...so many say St. Petersburg but symbols are different, some just have a flag painted on, some just initials, some markings are hard to make out.

Thank you for reading...any suggestions and sharing of ypur knowledge would be appreciated. I will try to upload a couple photos.

Genevieve1000014612.jpg1000014776.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back