Some odd looking Trophy figures (1 Viewer)

I agree most likely repaints although they retain their red NNH hat bands, but spotting them got me into at least an hour's enjoyable internet research on the somewhat obscure and little researched field of African colonial native mounted troops and police. The closest I could find to these guys were the Schultztruppe mounted police of German East Africa, although these wore red sashes over their white tunics, with grey slouch hats, so still quite a bit off.

They don't fit with any of the other irregular horse units involved in the Zulu war, and I wondered if the painter might have been portraying them as a post zulu, or boer wars police or paramilitary unit (the NNH disbanded during the 2nd Boer War), but there is zilch on the internet that I can find about white tunic, grey breeched, NNH hatted native horsemen, so I conclude they are a nice looking result of someone having a bit of fun with a paint brush- but am happy to be proved wrong!

looks to me like somebody got some unpainted castings and painted them themselves, they just don't look like they would have passed inspection at the factory

looks to me like somebody got some unpainted castings and painted them themselves, they just don't look like they would have passed inspection at the factory

I see that the NNC horse sold on eBay today for around $65 each. Hope the buyer is happy with his purchase.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back