Some Prussian and French troops painted (1 Viewer)

Ragnar

First Sergeant
I got re-bitten by the 54mm Napoleonic bug so thought I might paint a few up...Nice easy ones.

Very nice! I keep thinking to do the Sailors of the Imperial Guard using the HAT figs with covered shako heads from All the Kings men.
Can never have too many Prussians either. Vorwarts!

Nice job Ragnar! Keep them coming. I just finished up painting like another dozen of those French line fusilier conversions I,m working on. I,ll post a few photos later. I still have about another 40 or more still to finish painting.

Thanks guys....I will have to prime up a bunch and really go production style that's the only way to knock out a good few!

Last edited:
Thanks guys....I will have to prime up a bunch and really go production style that's the only way to knock out a good few!

Production line is the way to go if you want if your looking to paint in volume. I have been doing it this way for years now and paint 20-40 figures at a time when I,m trying to build up an army like I am right now.

I get them prepped, based, and primed up and I,ll start on the boots and then the flesh and by then the boots are dry so I,ll do the bases and work from there. Once I have the figures fully basic painted, I,ll start to pull 4-6 at a time and start the detailed painting and touch up.

The only draw back to this type of painting is it can burn you out quick at times,

I end up with tons of half painted figures that I burned out on that get pushed aside for a fresh project.
The good part about having all these figures kicking around half painted though is that when I do get inspired back into them, they are at the finish and touch up stage or close when I do get back.

Keep the photos coming!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back