Sons of the South (1 Viewer)

tommy416

Corporal
I cant wait for these babies to be release. I wounder what conte has in mind with the union. We need ZOUVES !!!!!!! Anyone else planning on buying these guys? How about Collector showcase new civil war. Nice! All these sets and not enough money . Going to have to get another job :eek:

I to have been waiting for the SOS. I must admit I couldn't hold out, I have starting trying to get the new Britains sets. I will definitelty pick and choose the SOS sets but some of them are must have. I just hope the skin color is good and not to orange or dark. The collectors showcase looks good and so does the new Oryon stuff and then K & C showed up. So much to get and so little money. Do you think one extra job is enough? I am also thinking about selling blood plasma. :rolleyes:

LoL.... I am not sure if Ill get the k&C civil war i dont think it will go with the rest of my conte/ frontline/ britians. Thats why i cant wait to see the collectors showcase. I love the confed cannon . nice action to the figures.

Guys,

The first 7 sets of SOS are in and shipping.

www.conteco.com

Not my era, but they do look good, especially the 'canister' set.

Simon

I just ordered all of the new SOS sets. So I Got SOS008 for free plus free shipping !
Dang how much did that set you back? I definitely have got to get sos 002 and cannister that's about all my wallet can afford for now. I am glad they are finally out when you get them please tell us your opinion.

Why is there such a shortage of Zouaves? Is it because there weren't many units around at Gettysburg and that seems to be the focus of most collectors

All of the new sets were 386.00. I usually don't order directly from Conte because they ship so slowly, but I couldn't pass up the offer for the free set and shipping. I'd love to see a few Zouve sets as well. If you like to paint. Shenandoah Miniatures does some nice Zouve figures.

Why is there such a shortage of Zouaves? Is it because there weren't many units around at Gettysburg and that seems to be the focus of most collectors

Have you brought any of the Manes Marzano Zouves?

No
I don't know much about Zouave units. My interest is Picketts charge. That is why I was asking

My two cents worth: Wow! The best Conte to come out in a long time! Detailed sculpting pretty good painting too. Will have to see them in the stores though. I have some Conte sets , all ACW stuff.

Has anybody got the SOS sets yet? I am dying to know what you think. Put down some words for us, better yet a picture or two.

I just got my SOS guys yesterday. I've attached a photo of my first set-up using them. I am really going to enjoy these guys.
Joe

Attachments

• A2650.jpg
    A2650.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 189
Very cool, Joe how is the flesh color? Can you give us a shot of the wounded command set? Your diorama's are awe inspiring and I have long admired your work.

Easy KV easy. I also have a love hate relationship with the shipping companies. I love them when their fast and hate them when their slow. Don't they realize this is important stuff?

Well them thar big companies are owned by them Yankees is what I'm a sayin' Durty no good varmints:D

You uns shoulda used dat dere FED x theys from Memphis. Elvis wouldn't put up wit dis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back