splitrail fence (1 Viewer)

mr colt 45

Corporal
On one of my posts a reply came back about splitrail fence out of match sticks. Well I went to Michaels Craft Store and went to the section were the popsicle sticks are and found a package of 150 count match sticks. Well I am here to tell you that a little Elmers glue, these match sticks and some paint make a great 54mm splitrail fence for my ACW dioramas. Nice crafting.

Re: splitrail fence reply to partner

Partner: I wish I could send pictures. I am new to the hobby of collecting and I do not have a camera that can set up for pictures. Take My word for it the fences look really great.:wink2::smile2:

Yes, I'm curious to see it, too. I hope you get camera capability soon. I would have thought that popsicle sticks would be a little too broad in width for a split rail fence in 54mm. They do make good floor boards, or wider clapboard siding.

Prost!
Brad

Re: splitrail fence to the Baron

Baron: It is a small bag of match sticks 150 count to a bag. You can find them were the popsicle sticks are located at Michaels Craft Store. Please read My first post. My Granddaughter is coming over today hope She can help Me.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Re: splitrail fence reply to partner

Thanks 45 , I will have to check out the local Michaels'

Partner: I wish I could send pictures. I am new to the hobby of collecting and I do not have a camera that can set up for pictures. Take My word for it the fences look really great.:wink2::smile2:

Re: splitrail fence to the Baron

Baron: It is a small bag of match sticks 150 count to a bag. You can find them were the popsicle sticks are located at Michaels Craft Store. Please read My first post. My Granddaughter is coming over today hope She can help Me.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Ah, sorry, I thought you wrote that you used popsicle sticks. Yeah, I collect the spent sticks from kitchen matches, as I light my charcoal grill, or light candles, and save them for such projects.

Prost!
Brad

the wooden coffe stirers are a better scale for 54-60mm work...Walmart has them...

Re: splitrail fence mikemiller1955

Mike Miller 1955: Thank You Sir, I am going to have to check out the coffee stires at Wal Mart.:smile2::smile2:

Mike , I saw some hobby sticks at Michael's . They measure 5 3/4 " X 1/4 "X 3/32".

Do you think these would work in 54 to 60 mm scale ?

Do you know the dimensions of the stir sticks ?

Thanks
Kirk

the wooden coffe stirers are a better scale for 54-60mm work...Walmart has them...

Kirk...I used "coffee stirrers" on all these models...I think their scale is much better than the popsicle stick or the tongue depressor stick...

Attachments

• 100_0796_02.jpg
    100_0796_02.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 100_0811.jpg
    100_0811.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_2605.jpg
    100_2605.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_3591.jpg
    100_3591.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 101_1643.jpg
    101_1643.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 116
Great stuff Mike . I am thinking about split rail fences , have you used the coffee stirrers for frences ?

Thanks again
Kirk

Kirk...I used "coffee stirrers" on all these models...I think their scale is much better than the popsicle stick or the tongue depressor stick...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back