Spring Hackensack Toy Soldier Show & Sale (1 Viewer)

William S. Grey

Private 2
Special Spring Edition of the East Coast Toy Soldier Show & Sale
Sunday May 6th, 2007

Dear Collector,

I want to remind everyone that we are rapidly approaching one of the best events for toy soldier collectors in the US - The Special Spring Edition of the East Coast Toy Soldier Show and Sale, on May 6th, at Fairleigh Dickinson University’s Rothman Center in Hackensack, New Jersey.

Collectors always have asked: “How about a Spring show in addition to the big Fall show.” Unfortunately, Spring dates frequently conflict with religious holidays, Mother’s Day, or athletic events held at FDU. But this year everything worked out well, and due to popular demand we’ll have a our first spring show in over five years.

The doors open at 9am, and if you’ll be anywhere in the area, you’ll want to make plans to be there.

It’s a big Show! If you have never visited our shows, please don’t confuse or compare it to some of the small regional shows that recently cropped up. With room for over 300 eight-foot exhibitor tables in a well lit area, with wide aisles and walkways and unlimited free parking, ours
is the largest show if its kind on the east coast–A trip well worth making.

This show is unique because many of our exhibitors only come out for this show. Many of them have been combing flea markets, basements and attics all year long just to pick up figures to sell. Many average collectors use the show as an opportunity to sell off their duplicates and excess pieces from their own collections.

And talk about vendors, the show will have at least 9 new vendors, who alone reserved 26 additional tables, who have never been there before along with most of the well known dealers, makers, and shop owners that have been making this a great show for years.

Dealers will be featuring everything imaginable- old, new, metal, plastic, composition, parts, G.I. Joe`s and Action Figures, plus plenty of castings, books, supplies, militaria, etc. Not just something for everyone” but “A heck of a lot for everyone!”

Be focused...Many new collectors make the mistake of buying everything that catches their
eyes, a year later they kick themselves, while asking “why did I buy that?”

If you see something that you have been looking for don’t hesitate to buy it. If you say to yourself “Oh well, let me look around for more of these at a better price and If I can’t find any, I’ll come back and buy this one.” Forget about it. Chances are when you return to the first dealer,
you'll find it sold. This is the one big show in the US where “he who snoozes, loses”!

The Rothman Center is located on Temple avenue, off of Hackensack Ave., South, just a few blocks south of Route 4 and the River Side Square Mall, only six miles from the G.W. Bridge, and only minutes from the N.J. Turnpike, Garden State Parkway, Routes 17, 46, and 80. General
admission is only $6, with children under 12 free with an adult. Doors open at 9:00 a.m., and parking for 3,000 cars is free.

P.S. There is usually a long waiting line when the doors open at 9:00 a.m. Arrive after 10:00 a.m. and there is no wait in line.

William S. Grey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back