Storming of Badajoz (1 Viewer)

BHogan

Sergeant Major
I'm looking to put together a diorama of the 88th Foot (using the figures from Alexanders Toy Soldiers) storming Badajoz like the print below.

88th-at-Badajoz.jpg

Is anyone aware of any companies that make Spanish fort/castle walls that would be suitable?

Thanks,

Brendan

I'm looking to put together a diorama of the 88th Foot (using the figures from Alexanders Toy Soldiers) storming Badajoz like the print below.

Is anyone aware of any companies that make Spanish fort/castle walls that would be suitable?

Thanks,

Brendan

I'm looking forward to seeing this come to life....... good to see that you are using ATS figures, Nick does some fine work and such a huge range of figures in his catalogue.

As far as a wells go, I think you will need someone to custom make it, so maybe provide dimensions you require and then someone can have a idea.
maybe have a look at aerial imagery of the fortress and battle plans to see where the breech was achieved so you get it right?
Google StreetView is also a wonderful tool so see the walls today, and so get a feel of the size.

Have you seen this site, British Battles, which has loads of pictures of this action? https://www.britishbattles.com/peninsular-war/storming-of-badajoz/

John

Thanks gents. I just need to find a friend with a 3D printer now!

Brendan

Funnily enough, I was in Badajoz yesterday…..having a trip on the motorbike round northern Spain and Portugal. Look forward to seeing your diorama.

Thanks,

Brendan

If you're not averse to the 3d printed idea I do have the files for this walling shown in the image. You may have already seen some of my work on here for other members maybe?
badajoz2.jpg
Regards
Paul

If you're not averse to the 3d printed idea I do have the files for this walling shown in the image. You may have already seen some of my work on here for other members maybe?
View attachment 290702
Regards
Paul

Any chance you have anything for the Great Siege of Malta? St Elmo, Michael, or the post of Castile?

Here's a diorama in a museum in Spain. 1/56 scale.Fantastic work.
Mark

b3.jpgb4.jpg
b2.jpg

Here's a diorama in a museum in Spain. 1/56 scale.Fantastic work.
Mark

Can you let us know the name of the museum, I may be able to see more images of it and put it on my "to Visit' list when i get to Spain sometime?

Thanks,
Jhn

View attachment 290311

Thanks,

Brendan

Have you made any progress?
Mark

Have you made any progress?
Mark

Sadly no. I got my wall printed, but I haven't had time to blend it into terrain and incorporate the figures.

The wall is currently serving as a back drop to K&C's Old Guard and foot dragoons at ease.

Brendan

Sadly no. I got my wall printed, but I haven't had time to blend it into terrain and incorporate the figures.

The wall is currently serving as a back drop to K&C's Old Guard and foot dragoons at ease.

Brendan

Don't feel bad I have had 5 or 6 projects the last couple of years and haven't finished any yet.{eek3}
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back