Sudan figures identificaton? (1 Viewer)

oozlum

Private 2
New to JJD - can some kindly and knowledgeable person tell me, regarding the picture below:

What set each of the figures are from?
Which are already available and which are yet to be released?

Or in short - if I wanted to recreate (and add to) this picture, where best to start?

Attachments

• sudan-protoypes-2012 sml.JPG
    sudan-protoypes-2012 sml.JPG
    319.5 KB · Views: 301
Hello,

The ones I know from this picture that are released is MADCAV01 (The rider).

I think the dead Beja are sets MAD04 and MAD03

and the British are RML02. There are a lot of sets in there that will be released next year. Take a look at the tree frog shop here or a shop closer to you and you will see a lot of sets that are already available that can be the start of your recreation of the picture.

Matthew

The sets that are all ready available are....

Jeff

Attachments

• SUD05.jpg
    SUD05.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 213
  • MAD03.jpg
    MAD03.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 217
  • MAD04.jpg
    MAD04.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 220
  • MADCAV01.jpg
    MADCAV01.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 230
  • MAD01.jpg
    MAD01.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 219
and these......

Jeff

Attachments

• RML02.jpg
    RML02.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 218
Plus Gordon on the steps, too, right?

Prost!
Brad

Well, not to recreate the picture in the first post. At least that is what I thought the question was refering too. You would not need the horse to recreate the painting of the death of Gordon, plus all those sets have been released.

Matthew

True, true! But it's such a nice piece, I just had to bring it up ;)

Prost!
Brad

Hi Brad,

I agree with you 100 percent. If you are going to do Sudan you have to start with the Death of Gordon set. The set is still available which is nice, though who knows how much longer as it was only a limited run.

Then you need the gattling gun and then..... Well all of it. I just have a few sets, but now that the Beja and Dervish are being released, I may be getting more. It's just that I have a very large 28mm set up with part of Kahrtoum that fits on a 12 x 6 foot table. My wife will hurt me if I go too wild with John's Sudan range. French and Indian War / 7YW I can do since I have no other figures in any scale for that era.

It's gettng hard to keep from getting sucked into the Sudan range though. Maybe my son should start to collect them. He's only 5, but it could be a father / son thing. I wonder if my wife will buy that story?

Matthew

It's gettng hard to keep from getting sucked into the Sudan range though. Maybe my son should start to collect them. He's only 5, but it could be a father / son thing. I wonder if my wife will buy that story?

Matthew

Hehehe...^&grin....good luck Matthew

WoW. Seeing these and all the other JJ and Britain's Sudan figures has me ready to pull the trigger on starting another collection.
FUB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back