Texas Toy Soldier 2019 Show Cancelled (1 Viewer)

PanzerAce1944

Colonel
KINGS X Toy Soldiers
17 mins ·
THE TEXAS TOY SOLDIER SHOW & THE FUTURE

After careful thought and consideration King & Country and Kings X have decided not to continue with ‘The Texas Toy Soldier Show’ in 2019.

Recently, our host venue transitioned to new management, resulting in substantially higher costs for our event which have proved unsustainable.

To this end and in discussion with others in the hobby, we intend to seek out alternative locations elsewhere... both in and outside of Texas.

Our aim is to create a new show that would be held sometime in the first half of 2020.

We will bring collectors, dealers and manufacturers more details and information as we progress.

At this time we would also like to express our heartfelt gratitude to ALL those who worked with us and took part in all of the previous Texas Shows.

With best wishes,

Laura McAllister Johnson
Co-founder
King & Country

Andy C. Neilson
Co-founder & Creative Director
King & Country

KINGS X Toy Soldiers
17 mins ·
THE TEXAS TOY SOLDIER SHOW & THE FUTURE

After careful thought and consideration King & Country and Kings X have decided not to continue with ‘The Texas Toy Soldier Show’ in 2019.

Recently, our host venue transitioned to new management, resulting in substantially higher costs for our event which have proved unsustainable.

To this end and in discussion with others in the hobby, we intend to seek out alternative locations elsewhere... both in and outside of Texas.

Our aim is to create a new show that would be held sometime in the first half of 2020.

We will bring collectors, dealers and manufacturers more details and information as we progress.

At this time we would also like to express our heartfelt gratitude to ALL those who worked with us and took part in all of the previous Texas Shows.

With best wishes,

Laura McAllister Johnson
Co-founder
King & Country

Andy C. Neilson
Co-founder & Creative Director
King & Country

Have the Texas show outside of texas? it seems shows everywhere are ending etc including London it seems ,,if the hobby is dying why are prices as they are,,lets get a help info for those dumb enough to make reservations ahead,,so long kings x

Last edited:
Have the Texas show outside of texas? it seems shows everywhere are ending etc including London it seems ,,if the hobby is dying why are prices as they are,,lets get a help info for those dumb enough to make reservations ahead,,so long kings x

London is OK, like everyone I dislike the venue, but it is cheap for the organisers and they are the only people willing to organise it. so let those really complain who are willing to step in and organise it instead.

Well that is a real bummer. Andy there has to be a number of more cost effective venues in San Antonio to keep the show alive. I know it was convenient to have it next to your shop but after all the years of building attendance and vendors it sure seems like a waste to let it go. The only Toy soldier show in the South Central US and there it goes. What a waste.

Howard Hulsebosch

RB,

Yeah, it is a bummer...especially after last years show...it was great!!! Really going to miss meeting up with the gang and enjoying the show. I would save up a couple of bucks every year just to spend at the show. But, I understand they have been having problems with the new management at the Hotel and it is a shame that they could not come to an agreement. I really looked forward to it every May and planned around it. It will be sorely missed.

John from Texas

Well that is a real bummer. Andy there has to be a number of more cost effective venues in San Antonio to keep the show alive. I know it was convenient to have it next to your shop but after all the years of building attendance and vendors it sure seems like a waste to let it go. The only Toy soldier show in the South Central US and there it goes. What a waste.

Howard Hulsebosch

I would tend to agree here. If things get too expensive at one place, Go somewhere else !

Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back