The JUNE 24 show was terrible (1 Viewer)

The June show was fairly dire.
Two rooms and no real atmosphere.
Seemingly low attendance
Now the only Toy Soldier Collector show in the South is the Plastic Warrior show
The heady days of Russell Square and The Design Centre are long gone
A real shame

The June show was fairly dire.
Two rooms and no real atmosphere.
Seemingly low attendance
Now the only Toy Soldier Collector show in the South is the Plastic Warrior show
The heady days of Russell Square and The Design Centre are long gone
A real shame

I agree, there was no one there, both exhibitors and visitors, i help out on the T Gunn stand and it was not a great show for them.

first of all the organisers have got to stop misleading people, see below for the exhibitor list, it does have a logo on there telling you the next show is June 24th 2023. If I had been visiting the show, travelled and paid for the train etc from, I would have been really p**sed off with the number of exhibitors. The organisers have got to stop misleading visitors, by claiming the number of exhibitors they do, for a while they have been claiming K & C will be there. The June 23 show, there were no Britains stand, it comes to something when they do not attend a TS show!

The toy Soldier Show

i think it is a mix of factors, even BREXIT, there is a lack of mainland European exhibitors and visitors, the venue is not great, makes the show look like a jumble sale or car boot,

However, i do thank the other exhibitors who were there, i bought a few bits and pieces, so lets not 'have a go at those who did attend' and made the effort, but that cannot continue if people are not coming to buy stuff.

They are looking at MIlton Keynes and trying something new.

I am back in the USA after 5 nights in London.

I agree that the attendance and vendors were down. It is the same problem we have in the US. As sales slow and attendance goes down the vendors then fall off. Then when the show becomes slower less people show up. I see no winning formula. I can't compare to other shows very much. When I went in 2018 and 2019 the attendance was much bigger and the 2 rooms were filled with vendors. Many of the same dealers were there this year but they just took 1 or 2 tables instead of 5 or 6. I went last year during the rail strike and that was a disaster.

I run shows here in the USA and costs are higher and higher each year. They can't afford to rent the old places and it would be unlikely to attract that many more people. I can say that Guideline does not make much money if any on the June show. They probably lost money.

This year I did great based on all the points you guys made above....my sales were about the same as 2018 and 2019. I use my pounds to buy Tommy Atkins, Fusilier, Little Legion and other good stuff that I can bring home to sell to my customers. I brought my buddy Joe and we had a great time. But at the end of the day it is a holiday for me. If I can pay for my trip I am happy.

Is 3 shows too much?

Would moving it help?

The Exhibitor list was misleading. I think they just recycled last Decembers. I was not listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back