The Queens Own Presentation Box of Toy Soldiers (1 Viewer)

zblang

1st Lieutenant
I just got this set. This is stunning! 150 or so pieces and comes in an enormous red glossy wooden box. Sorry for the not so great photos, but all of these figures wouldn't fit in my light box that I usually use for taking my photos.
This set is of Queen Victoria's Jubilee. If you look at her in the carriage, that is William Britain next to it handing her a box of toy soldiers.

Hocker-The%20Queens%20Own%20Presentation%20Box%20of%20Toy%20Soldiers%201-L.jpg

Hocker-The%20Queens%20Own%20Presentation%20Box%20of%20Toy%20Soldiers%202-L.jpg

Hocker-The%20Queens%20Own%20Presentation%20Box%20of%20Toy%20Soldiers%203-L.jpg

Hocker-The%20Queens%20Own%20Presentation%20Box%20of%20Toy%20Soldiers%204-L.jpg

That is an amazing set. That must have set you back some! But worth it.

It was not a bargain! But, if you do the per figure math, not bad (I like to rationalize it this way so I feel better!)
By sheer size it is very impressive in person.

I am toying with getting some of these to be spectators

228.gif

It was not a bargain! But, if you do the per figure math, not bad (I like to rationalize it this way so I feel better!)

228.gif

Hi Zach,

Go for it! You just cannot go wrong with Mr. Hocker's work! I think adding some of these figures will produce an AWESOME display. If you decide to acquire some of these figures, please post photos of the combined display. I eagerly look forward to viewing your pictures!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

I just had to rearrange a bunch of stuff. The shelf I was going to put this set on wasn't even 1/4 big enough! Now that it's in the big boy cabinet, I'll be able to add a bunch of stuff to it :)

228.gif

They look well worth getting ^&cool

What a great a set! I would love to own this myself?

It is a lovely set Scott, (Set 100) and IF it were available in castings form, I wouldn't mind having a a go at painting one for myself. It isn't, of course - so unfortunately, it's a non-starter for me - as my hobby, as you know, is painting

Of course, it is (mostly) made up from Bill Hocker's individual smaller sets ( 101 through to 116 - with a few individual extras - and the wooden box, of course).

So - it would be possible to make up nearly all of the set, by purchasing some of the individual sets over a period of time. Bill states that IF all the sets are ordered - then the extra separate pieces would be made available too ( doesn't say anything about buying them all at once).

So, if anyone doesn't have the few thousand odd bucks knocking about to buy it outright in one purchase (do the maths) - and can wait patiently enough over a time period - it could be purchased that way.

Just a thought. jb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back