"The Scholar" (1 Viewer)

PolarBear

Major
Gurnek Singh, a professor of philosophy at a university in Lahore, chats with Miss Winifred Smythe who has developed an interest in the classics of Indian thought and culture since arriving in South Asia. Her brother Colonel Smythe had introduced her to Singh in the belief that the distinguished scholar would provide her with the necessary knowledge.

Attachments

• TheScholarMatSm.jpg
    TheScholarMatSm.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 140
"Her brother Colonel Smythe had introduced her to Singh in the belief that the distinguished scholar would provide her with the necessary knowledge"

Uh Oh! I sense forbidden love!

"Her brother Colonel Smythe had introduced her to Singh in the belief that the distinguished scholar would provide her with the necessary knowledge"

Uh Oh! I sense forbidden love!

She seems quite oblivious to his presence.

:);)

I'm thinking of a couple of recent "Bollywood" movies of forbidden love between an Indian man and an English woman. Logan is colonial era and the love is all one sided by the English woman.

These simple "toy" style figures say alot. Thanks for posting the photos.

I loosely based this on Professor Godbole, the Brahmin scholar, in A Passage to India and his relationship with Mrs. Moore, Adela Quested, Mr. Fielding and Dr. Aziz.You can see how the Hocker figures I have been using in my series were influenced byscenes from the film.

Attachments

• godbole1.jpg
    godbole1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 58
  • godbole2.jpg
    godbole2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Polar Bear, thanks for the "caps" of the story.

These are fun figures telling a story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back