The Second World War German Armour Previewed at MFCA 2018 (1 Viewer)

Julie

Administrator
Staff member
THE SECOND WORLD WAR
GERMAN ARMOUR
Also Previewed at the MFCA show was the prototype of a new WW2 German tank.

The STUG III Ausf G. assault gun was Germany's second most-produced armoured fighting vehicle during World War II after the Sd.Kfz. 251 half-track. It was built on the chassis of the proven Panzer III tank, replacing the turret with an armored, fixed superstructure mounting a more powerful gun. Initially intended as a mobile assault gun for direct-fire support for infantry, the StuG III was continually modified, and much like the later Jagdpanzer, was employed as a tank destroyer.
Img_0812.jpg

Img_0822.jpg
The model will include detachable Schurzen armoured skirt side panels.
A late war version with the Saukopf Mantlet will also be available.

Img_0820.jpg
The first STUG version will be available in a few months!

Great post Julie. Excellent photos. I really look forward to this model. The Stug III was the most effective Panzerjager of WWII. Previous 1/30 scale models of the Stug III are not correct and this one should be based upon the superb JJD Jagdpanthers accuracy and quality. I can see JJD replacing Figarti in quality true 1/30 scale WWII armor at reasonable prices.

Great post Julie. Excellent photos. I really look forward to this model. The Stug III was the most effective Panzerjager of WWII. Previous 1/30 scale models of the Stug III are not correct and this one should be based upon the superb JJD Jagdpanthers accuracy and quality. I can see JJD replacing Figarti in quality true 1/30 scale WWII armor at reasonable prices.

do you know the story behind the plates on the sides of the tank? what drove them to try that out? why didn't that catch on? no worries if you're not sure, i just have a hunch you're well-informed on the topic

The side plates; Schurtzen in German were to protect the thin side armor from Russian anti -tank rifles and later in the war shaped charge weapons like the Panzerfaust. A shaped charge weapon would be detonated prematurely by the Schurtzen and the jet of plasma would not reach the armor plate. The early version of spaced armor; which was further developed during the Cold War to protect armor from anti-tank missiles with shaped charge warheads.

The side plates; Schurtzen in German were to protect the thin side armor from Russian anti -tank rifles and later in the war shaped charge weapons like the Panzerfaust. A shaped charge weapon would be detonated prematurely by the Schurtzen and the jet of plasma would not reach the armor plate. The early version of spaced armor; which was further developed during the Cold War to protect armor from anti-tank missiles with shaped charge warheads.

cool man, thanks!

The side plates; Schurtzen in German...

It's more properly, "Schürzen", though, plural of "Schürze", "apron". It's a cognate with our words "skirt" and "shirt", too.

Sorry, I was a language major, specializing in German ;)

Prost!
Brad

Wow love this future release. One of my favorite German armored vehicles. Any ideas on what versions will be represented? IE paint schemes? Hopefully an early Grey version for Stalingrad. Any Hints? Maybe Arnhem?

The Stug III begab getting the sideskirts around May of 1943, so no good for Stalingrad. And probably a Stug III with shurzen woukd mist lijely be ordnance yellow... but never say never...
Approximately Sept 1943 they started getting zimmeritt, for about a year...

Sehr Gut Mein Herr! Danke

It's more properly, "Schürzen", though, plural of "Schürze", "apron". It's a cognate with our words "skirt" and "shirt", too.

Sorry, I was a language major, specializing in German ;)

Prost!
Brad

Yes....I have been wondering about the John Jenkins Stug III as well.....Hopefully soon:salute::

THE SECOND WORLD WAR
GERMAN ARMOUR
Also Previewed at the MFCA show was the prototype of a new WW2 German tank.

The STUG III Ausf G. assault gun was Germany's second most-produced armoured fighting vehicle during World War II after the Sd.Kfz. 251 half-track. It was built on the chassis of the proven Panzer III tank, replacing the turret with an armored, fixed superstructure mounting a more powerful gun. Initially intended as a mobile assault gun for direct-fire support for infantry, the StuG III was continually modified, and much like the later Jagdpanzer, was employed as a tank destroyer.
View attachment 231800

View attachment 231801
The model will include detachable Schurzen armoured skirt side panels.
A late war version with the Saukopf Mantlet will also be available.

View attachment 231802
The first STUG version will be available in a few months!
Any Information as to when this Jenkins WWII Stug will be released????.....Thank You :salute::

Patience :)
You need something to look forward to in January don't you?

Julie

I was looking forward to getting one of these before the new year but it looks like 2019 now.

Hopefully it is released along with some Infantry in support , would love to see JJ venture into this arena too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back