The Three Kingdoms ...? (2 Viewers)

OldDragon

Master Sergeant
I bought the 24 DVD, 95 episode miniseries a couple of months ago. Absolutely loved the story, the characters and the huge armies. Was wondering when K&C was going to come up with such a series ... When this dispatch rolled out.

Whilst sure to be a hit with East Asian collectors ... I wonder how far K&C is going with this range ? Would sure like to see the red faced, Guan Yu with his guan dao, great halberd. The mass of infantry, spearmen, archers, cavalry and chariots would be nice too.

Hope Andy will tell us more.

Thank You
OD

Definitely look awesome wif the whole army and the famous Generals ..... I think more 3Kingdom figs will be release

I also looking forward to Guan Yu ....

The "Three Kingdoms" has the potential to be an outstanding series with wide appeal not only in China and Taiwan, but also in Japan, Korea and parts of SEA. I think this is a bold move on the part of K&C to move into new emerging markets.

Well done, King & Country.

IMHO, Raymond.:)

Well am looking forward to Guan Yu too with Zhang Fei and Liu Bei, I thought this should be a range by itself rather than placed under the IC range?;)

Well am looking forward to Guan Yu too with Zhang Fei and Liu Bei, I thought this should be a range by itself rather than placed under the IC range?;)

Yeah.... Was thinking abt. the same thing there ....tot would b another range of itself but still cool to see these new figs......

Hi Guys,
It was interesting to see these two figures appear. Are they from the same time period as the Emeror Qianlong ?

Some of the Chinese movies have great battle scenes. Saw one recently with Chow Yun Fat with lots of betrayals
etc and a very good battle in the gounds of the palace at the end.

The old Imperial Chinese figures from 10 years ago were very colourful so will be interesting to see where K&C
goes next.

Regards
Brett

Phoong,
Thanks for the interesting link. As I thought a lot of betrayals going on !! Hard to keep up.

It is hard to distinguish the time period by the clothing (at least for a Westerner).

Regards
Brett

Would love to see Cao Cao and the early 3 Kingdom's Characters such as Dong Zhou and Lu Bu.
Fingers crossed in hoping that the line will grow, will like to have enough 3 Kingdom figures to start a diorama :)

The tales of the 3 kingdoms have been around for hundreds of years. In the last few years, the China movie industry has done much to promote interests in this era using actual localities and huge castings to potray the various armies. New faces, talent and improved CGI have done the rest ...

The culmination of the above is the 95 epiode, 72 hours miniseries, Three Kingdoms which was released in May2010. This is now available with English subtitles .. and is highly recomended.

If K&C is serious about this range .. new releases can run for years.

OD

I am bumping up this thread because ...

1. The June release of the new 3 Kingdom figures look absolutely the best. Thank you Andy.

2. This lastest post gives a time appreciation between K&C's decision on a new figure until its actual release. Shortly after the thread was started, it was reported back that K&C has started on this second release which will have taken close to a year to materialize. Nevertheless, they look well worth the wait.

3. I believe no other thread has been started on this 3 Kingdom sub-range, but I hope they are doing well with Asian collectors and hope to see more future releases.

Thank you again Andy and K&C.

OD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back