Time For New Releases (1 Viewer)

Thin Red Line

Private 2
Are we getting any closer to some new releases ? I've not had anything since August with the Brunswick deliveries, the sapper from this range is months overdue.

I don't know what happened to Britains release schedule last year , theres loads of figures available for pre order but nothing comes out .

I'd suggest updating the website its too slow to update , and could do with a news section . The UK site is much better if a little thin on info.

The TF shop has 119 figures to be released, amazing backup in the pipeline. Some talk about July this year for some new product to become available. Robin.

The TF shop has 119 figures to be released, amazing backup in the pipeline. Some talk about July this year for some new product to become available. Robin.

Yep I have some Naps that have been on pre order for quite a while myself. If it's annoying for us as collectors it's got to be even more for Ken and team as sales must be lower than they would be with new issues being in dealers stock. Hopefully things will work themselves out sooner rather than later as from posts here on the forum collectors are becoming fed up with the situation.

Steve

Many collectors losing patience with WB! I have ACW figures on backorder for almost a year.
Ken should send out a letter explaining the situation and what they are doing to correct the problems.
The lack of communication and realistic timelines really turns us off to this iconic toy soldier company.

This is why I stopped collecting W.B (ACW)!
I have a lot of patience, but as a collector you want to add something to your collection every now and then. What W.B announces is beautiful but it does not come.☹️☹️☹️

Harrie

William Britains have been in this situation for as long as I can remember, we are still waiting on the 88mm WW2 German Anti-aircraft/tank gun and the information on that release came out in 2014.......... I am always surprised on how the company can still be viable with the small amount of annual releases, together with the terrible release and distribution. The main TS companies K & C, TG, JJ release on a monthly basis and deliver within that month, while
F Legion release very often and delivery when they say they will. W Britains must annually release around 10%-20% of these other companies? I have not bought a W Britains figure for over a year, I still collect War of the Nile and Clash of Empire but there has been nothing out that I think has been as good as TG, K & C and JJ for the money. Stopped collecting gloss figures as they just went up to high to make them worth buying. Zulu series just got dull, so stopped, same with the Naps.

This is why I stopped collecting W.B (ACW)!
I have a lot of patience, but as a collector you want to add something to your collection every now and then. What W.B announces is beautiful but it does not come.☹️☹️☹️

Harrie

I received the CC War Along the Nile 42nd Highlander Loading figure last week. It is an excellent figure, well worth the wait. Sure I wish their delivery to the market was quicker. Great figures at a great price. I have a lot of patience too, and I buy them when they become available. They do the bulk releases, and I get 10-12 figures from a line at the same time. I purchase figures from other manufacturers in between releases.

William Britains have been in this situation for as long as I can remember, we are still waiting on the 88mm WW2 German Anti-aircraft/tank gun and the information on that release came out in 2014.......... I am always surprised on how the company can still be viable with the small amount of annual releases, together with the terrible release and distribution. The main TS companies K & C, TG, JJ release on a monthly basis and deliver within that month, while
F Legion release very often and delivery when they say they will. W Britains must annually release around 10%-20% of these other companies? I have not bought a W Britains figure for over a year, I still collect War of the Nile and Clash of Empire but there has been nothing out that I think has been as good as TG, K & C and JJ for the money. Stopped collecting gloss figures as they just went up to high to make them worth buying. Zulu series just got dull, so stopped, same with the Naps.

I'm a late starter to collecting having been lured into W Britains through Modelzone , and have only brought Britains Napoleonic range and War Along the Nile series .
As you say the problem is theres only so many firing lines I want to create, the Brunswick line i've brought but wasn't that different and am holding fire on the Nassau troops, id rather they infilled some of the existing regiments than start new lines.
There were never anymore Dutch lancers which were great , the british gun crews are crying out for some in action crews as the originals were awful and the complete lack of mounted officers for any range are just a few suggestions.Maybe its time to put waterloo on hold and at look at something like the Peninsular War which would give lots of different settings.
It seems to me that due to the huge expansion of other ranges the napoleonics have become a token range.
Due to the lack of activity I've started collecting the Retreat from Russia range from First Legion a lot more expensive but by far the best approach I've seen to the Napoleonic era.

I'm a late starter to collecting having been lured into W Britains through Modelzone , and have only brought Britains Napoleonic range and War Along the Nile series .
As you say the problem is theres only so many firing lines I want to create, the Brunswick line i've brought but wasn't that different and am holding fire on the Nassau troops, id rather they infilled some of the existing regiments than start new lines.
There were never anymore Dutch lancers which were great , the british gun crews are crying out for some in action crews as the originals were awful and the complete lack of mounted officers for any range are just a few suggestions.Maybe its time to put waterloo on hold and at look at something like the Peninsular War which would give lots of different settings.
It seems to me that due to the huge expansion of other ranges the napoleonics have become a token range.
Due to the lack of activity I've started collecting the Retreat from Russia range from First Legion a lot more expensive but by far the best approach I've seen to the Napoleonic era.

I stopped collecting the Nap series over 7 years ago, there were too many different styles, plus lack of releases.......... I followed you collecting the Retreat from Russia range from First Legion. They really are excellent, but expensive, only the French, but they make a goo like diorama.

Am thinking of getting rid of my War of the Nile and Clash of Empires, started these series with Britains but due to lack of releases I started collecting John Jenkins and in these 2 eras I now have more JJ than Britains.

I grew up with Britains but the company has 'lost it' for me and there are better manufacturers out there now, in price/quality [value for money] and delivery.

I am very pleased with the quality W.Britains releases over the last couple of years...BRAVO!!!

However, there seems to be plenty of room for improvement from concept to market.

Please no more "overhanging of the market" anymore by announcing the release and not delivering them to market for almost a year.

It's frustrating!

It's forced me to distribute my monthly toy soldier budget to other toy soldier companies with predictable high quality releases.

Carlos

Britains have announced that they do not intend to produce any more catalogue supplements. They will be replaced with more regular announcements (e.g. Facebook) shortly before figures are released, as the long period of time between a figure's appearance in the catalogue and its actual release is causing unnecessary frustration amongst collectors (hear, hear).

Hi,

I am not sure what the problem is. Part of the fun of collecting is the anticipation of the product or the opportunity to diversify into other manufacturers and time periods that are available. Last year was a particularly fallow one for W Britains figures during which time I discovered other manufactures and styles. I do like Britain's though as the uniforms are well researched and the posses are conventional and not over exaggerated or overly violent. They are one step away from the more traditional toy soldier even though they are not gloss.

I am in a bit of a dilemma now as the latest AZW pieces are of previously covered subjects which I have collected since 2008. Even though the detail has improved over ten years there were only 115 redcoats at Rorke's Drift and they must all now be present and correct!

I am not a Facebook user so how are we going to stay up to date with products.

Regards to all,

Smendy

See the most frustrating thing for me is that companies just don't produce American Civil War or American Revolution figures anymore. I collect these two periods, but it's hard to get a proper scene going with an irregular release of items. I can't depend on K&C because they just don't want to make these figures and for JJ, he will be producing some AMREV figures soon, but that's about it. I think as collectors its just frustrating watching all of these younger companies out-compete W. Britains which through out history has always been a staple for us.

This is my third post on this subject in this thread and around a dozen on Britains and release dates. I would also like to highlight just how good the UK Britains staff are and they have not said but it would not be human if they were themselves not frustrated with the situation. I see them at the London [and Birmingham] shows and they are always helpful and nice guys and women. The situation is also a talking point when I visit TS shops, there are around 6 in the UK who stock a decent amount of TS, take no notice of the information on WB website as it is a joke, take for example a dealer in Yate near Bristol, nice like Toy Shop but they had 6 clamshell figures as there whole stock, would you call this a 'stockist'! While Antics, who has a number of shops, never have more than about 25 sets in stock. The main 2 for me are Magpies in Evesham and the Guards Shop in London, but they stock way more K & C and T Gunn and that is the only reason worth going in to the shop for. These shops would not be able to continue if they were relying on WB for stock.

I’m still buying Britains and I think they are making some great stuff these days. I have changed and no longer preorder though.

I am only collecting the Zulu range and there are about a dozen or so figures that are available to buy that I still need to get. No rush for me.

I’m still buying Britains and I think they are making some great stuff these days. I have changed and no longer preorder though.

I feel the same way. They have only upped their game in the last year with sculpting, poses and painting and still under $40.00.
These TS companies put themselves out there with all the risks and liabilities of running a small/ mid size business and I will show my support even if it means waiting a year for some great products. Some companies have the luxury of being on top of things in China which is great. Some other companies don't have that luxury.
Since the TS industry is more of a cottage industry I choose to temper my criticism as I feel lucky to have the choices we have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back