toy soldier painter (1 Viewer)

beating retreat

Corporal
Hi Guys my name is John Firth i live in the English Civil War town of Newark in Nottinghamshire UK. Ive recently retired and hope to take up painting toy soldiers as a profession. I have been painting soldiers for my own and friends collections for over 30 years. I would now like to offer those skills on a professional basis to anyone out there in the toy soldier world. I paint in most scales 1/32 54mm being the main one, either matte traditional gloss or superior gloss all at reasonable prices I also convert and construct dioramas building most scenery from scratch. Please check out my website www.paintedsoldiers.co.uk or view my album at http//picasaweb.google.com/paintedsoldiers/NewShots

John,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure that I have seen some of your excellent work before but not sure where? Have you had an article in one of the hobby magazines?

Jeff

Welcome to the forum, John!
Your gloss style is distinctive, I like how you blend the techniques of shading/outlining from the connoisseur style with the clear gloss overcoating of the traditional toy soldier. Well done!

Prosit!
Brad

Great looking paint jobs there John. Like Brad, I like the look of the superior gloss finish, very impressive.

Not bad at all for a North East Notts lad. ;):D

Cheers
Simon

Welcome,
Shame your in the UK.Icould use someone with your talent.
Mark

Hello John, great homepage, fantastic painting really great fun watching.
Hope you will grant us a How-to thread.
Best regards
Wolfgang

John, you do some beautiful work! Your superior gloss finish India Army officer mounted on the Grey is truely outstanding. Thanks for sharing.

John: Very nice painting and welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting your fine work. Leadmen

Hello John,
welcome to the forum and you are showing some very impressive work on your website.
Especially the superior gloss figures are pieces of art and I have never seen such before. Outstanding !!!
Konrad

Welcome,
Shame your in the UK.Icould use someone with your talent.
Mark

Hi Mark Thanks for your comments but it is only across the pond as they say. I'm interested in what you said about "using my talent". Do you need a painter?
regards John

Hi John, I see you have quite a few of the British Model Soldier Society's figures on your website. Are you a member?

Thanks for posting this link, Randy,
that is some stunning work to enjoy.
Konrad

John,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure that I have seen some of your excellent work before but not sure where? Have you had an article in one of the hobby magazines?

Jeff

Hi Jeff thanks for the comments, no I have not yet made the hobby mags although some of my work is on the Irregular Miniatures website

Regards John

Hi John, I see you have quite a few of the British Model Soldier Society's figures on your website. Are you a member?

Hi trooper I used to be in the BMSS but for the last few years i have not had membership

Regards Beating Retreat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back