Uploading Photos? (2 Viewers)

aujj65

Colonel
Hello Julie,

I'm not sure if there has been a change to the forum software, but in the past I could select 5 photos at once to upload per post, now I can only upload one at a time (but still 5 per post) this takes considerably longer. I will be attending the London show this coming Saturday and will be required to post a couple of hundred photos! This is going to take a long time if I can only upload one at a time. This same problem happened some while back but was then rectified after a software update.

Is there any chance you could look into this please.

Many thanks

Jeff

Jeff...

I encountered this some time ago...

in the past...
I could upload a group of photos from my desktop...or documents...

I can't anymore...

I have had to do them individually for a long time...

it is time consuming...
I just never mentioned it to our host...

As Mike said, only one at a time. Even with Stubhub, the photo hosting service I use, it’s one at a time.

That is why I use Flickr - it is free, upload is quick and can post a link to hundreds of photos in minutes.

As they are public, you do not need to join Flickr to see the photos.

At the moment it is a free hosting service.

As Mike said, only one at a time. Even with Stubhub, the photo hosting service I use, it’s one at a time.

That should have said Smugmug.

That is why I use Flickr - it is free, upload is quick and can post a link to hundreds of photos in minutes.

Smugmug know owns Flickr. We will have to see if it continues to remain free. I pay around $75 a year for Smugmug. As far as I'm concerned, it's a bargain. Very easy to use.

I use smug mug as well. Been using for years and have never had an issue. Great for sharing albums with friends and family too

Jeff...

I encountered this some time ago...

in the past...
I could upload a group of photos from my desktop...or documents...

I can't anymore...

I have had to do them individually for a long time...

it is time consuming...
I just never mentioned it to our host...

Thankfully not just me then! But it is going to be a long winded exercise Saturday evening/Sunday morning (unless I try a third party hosting site) as Julie has very kindly offered to look into this with her IT man, but not before the weekend.

Never mind, red wine will numb the pain! ^&grin

Jeff

You might want to consider using linked images, instead of uploading the image files into your posts. I find it easier to do that way.

Prost!
Brad

I am looking into this! Personally I do find using links easier than direct uploads.
I have been on the Forum about the Forum a bit this morning and sent off my questions. I thought I found where to change this in the Admin console but it does not seem to have changed on here yet. Which resulted in me sending out more questions! Now we wait to hear back.

Julie

I am looking into this! Personally I do find using links easier than direct uploads.
I have been on the Forum about the Forum a bit this morning and sent off my questions. I thought I found where to change this in the Admin console but it does not seem to have changed on here yet. Which resulted in me sending out more questions! Now we wait to hear back.

Julie

Julie...this started about 1 to 1-1/2 years ago...I used to be able to highlight several pictures from my "saved" files...such as my desktop or documents (where I store my pictures)...I would highlight 3-4 pictures at once...then transfer them in bulk to your file load manager...it saved a lot of time...and hope you can get it to do this again...

Last edited:
Julie...this started about 1 to 1-1/2 years ago...I used to be able to highlight several pictures from my "saved" files...such as my desktop or documents (where I store my pictures)...I would highlight 3-4 pictures at once...then transfer them in bulk to your file load manager...it saved a lot of time...and hope you can get it to do this again...

I used to load up 5 at a time, which is still the max per post using this method and as you say Mike - saves a lot of time.

I also hope Julie can get it sorted, preferably by the weekend, but I am prepared to go the red wine route if necessary! :wink2:

Jeff

Red wine route is always advised! Even if it’s working!

I used to load up 5 at a time, which is still the max per post using this method and as you say Mike - saves a lot of time.

I also hope Julie can get it sorted, preferably by the weekend, but I am prepared to go the red wine route if necessary! :wink2:

Jeff

Jeff...

5 was always the max per post for me too...
but I think it depends on the size of the pictures...
I always enlarge mine to display the full size of my screen...
corner to corner...
I hate small pictures...^&grin

but I'm pretty sure I have seen more than 5 pictures on some posts...
if they reduced the size of the pictures drastically...

I think TF's "file manager"...
must be set at a certain max capacity...
not to how many pictures a single post can handle...
but a file size limit that it will accept for a single post......
I think it will allow more pics...if they are smaller...

I have been using Postimage

P1010002.jpg

P1010002.jpg

It blows up pretty large on screen even larger thaan this.. I have not looked to load multiple photos at one time but it probably does

https://www.google.com/search?q=postimage&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

Terry

Last edited:
Seems to work just fine.

NOTE: These thumbnails can be blown up several times by clicking on the thumbnail 2 or more times

If you need more help you can PM me.

Terry

Last edited:
I have been using Postimage...

Right, you're storing your photos there and linking them here and elsewhere. I use Postimage, too, ever since Photobucket implemented its ill-considered policy to eliminate free hosting and any but the most expensive of its previous accounts.

For me, since I belong to several forums, it is much easier to use a host and link images, than to have to deal with every forum's different requirements for file size and image dimension. A couple of them also don't allow adding attachments, because they do not want to have to deal with (ie, pay additional hosting fees for) file storage. I appreciate and sympathize with that.

Prost!
Brad

Right, you're storing your photos there and linking them here and elsewhere. I use Postimage, too, ever since Photobucket implemented its ill-considered policy to eliminate free hosting and any but the most expensive of its previous accounts.

For me, since I belong to several forums, it is much easier to use a host and link images, than to have to deal with every forum's different requirements for file size and image dimension. A couple of them also don't allow adding attachments, because they do not want to have to deal with (ie, pay additional hosting fees for) file storage. I appreciate and sympathize with that.

Prost!
Brad

The only risk is if the host stops operating like Photobucket did, our photos on the forum's threads will disappear

Terry

The only risk is if the host stops operating like Photobucket did, our photos on the forum's threads will disappear

Terry

That's true, but it's such a small possibility, compared to the hassle of editing files to share in multiple websites. By comparison, Fotki has been around for nearly 20 years.

If a person only participates in one forum, then there's not as much effort, either.

In the end, for me, it is easier-less effort, less care, less fuss-to use a host and link the images. I imagine it would be less effort for those who now have to deal with the upload feature, and that perhaps they never thought of linking over attaching.

Prost!
Brad

A post-script: Photobucket didn't stop operating; they made what appeared at the time to be a disastrous business decision that caused many customers to flee. They've since walked it back, too, implementing new accounts that offer image embedding, with three levels of storage by number of photos, and billing monthly or yearly. But once bitten, twice shy. I would never go back to them.

Hello Julie,

I'm not sure if there has been a change to the forum software, but in the past I could select 5 photos at once to upload per post, now I can only upload one at a time (but still 5 per post) this takes considerably longer. I will be attending the London show this coming Saturday and will be required to post a couple of hundred photos! This is going to take a long time if I can only upload one at a time. This same problem happened some while back but was then rectified after a software update.

Is there any chance you could look into this please.

Many thanks

Jeff
It appears that this problem still exists and as the London show in December is just a couple of months away, may I ask if this could be please be looked into before then.
Many thanks.
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back