V-2 in the U.S.A. (1 Viewer)

IXEC

Sergeant First Class
I just got my new V-2.:) It comes in a thin plain cardboard box with identifying stickers, not the fancy glossy box. The styrofoam is very snug fitting, be careful getting it out as the box is on the light side.

The model is 18-1/2" long and 3-1/2" wide at the fins. The only detail that was missing are the jet rudders, no big issue, and I dought if most would even notice this.

This A4 is painted in RAL 9003 Signal White, Ral 7028 Earth Gray, and RAL 6003 Olive Green. It is the simplefied version of the Ragged scheme that was introduced in 1944 so that would mean the rocket represents the A4-B version. This camo pattern remained in use up until early 1945 then was superceeded. The rivets are painted on, and the panels lines are lightly recessed and also painted. There are no decals on this Figarti V-2 version.

My painted Signal White is somewhat thin, and the under color shows through in places. I don't know if this was the intended effect, but I would like to know if others who get their V-2 have this faded painted feature?

The "Bodenplatte", ( V-2 base ) is well done. Maybe we'll see a trailer dolly version of this as an add on later.

The three figures are also well done, and the two officers are Wehrmacht not SS. They do have the national eagle above the right blouse pocket, and are wearing cuff titles, as well as other awards. Von Braun looks good in his customary civies.

I really like my Figarti V-2, and I would like to thank the Figarti team for bringing us this great concept.

I REALLY NEED the upcoming support equipment to complete this awesome theme.

IXEC

I'm sorry for not posting picture of the V-2, folks. My PC can't see my scanner or my camera :confused: I've tried everything, and I think my PC's, USB ports are corrupted. I'm going to add a new USB port board, and see if this works?

IXEC

I'm looking forward to getting mine at the Gettysburg show. It looks fantastic. Thanks for the report.

Thanks for the great review IXEC, really appreciate the historical info. I have this set preordered as well and am looking forward to it. Strange about the cufftitles though - there were a few special Wehrmacht units that wore them but these were usually on the left sleeve. I'll have to do some more research on that. Regardless, I think the rocket is why everyone bought the set - the figures are just accessories in this case.

I'm sorry for not posting picture of the V-2, folks. My PC can't see my scanner or my camera :confused: I've tried everything, and I think my PC's, USB ports are corrupted. I'm going to add a new USB port board, and see if this works?

IXEC
That is ok. The flogging is done with a wet noodle:)

Got the news today that mine was in the mail. Can't wait to see it.

Last Friday, Tim Tyler told me he would post mine today (Monday) along with my LRDG Chevy and my Panzer IV (if they were in stock), so hopefully I will also be joining in the fun.

IXEC

Are you using Microsoft Vista OS?
If you are and have'nt done so get Microsoft Vista Service Pak 1 its free. This may solve your problem.

Are you using Microsoft Vista OS?
If you are and have'nt done so get Microsoft Vista Service Pak 1 its free. This may solve your problem.

Thanks for the help CH,

I did get my PC to see my camera connection. But I don't know how to post my V-2 photos on the forum. Can anyone walk me through posting them, please. :eek:

IXEC

Thanks for the help CH,

I did get my PC to see my camera connection. But I don't know how to post my V-2 photos on the forum. Can anyone walk me through posting them, please. :eek:

IXEC

Never mind, I have some studying to do. I can't get me pictures in a file. I'll need my kids to show me. :p

IXEC

I got it. It is pretty cool. One of a Hundred. I will see about posting a picture or two tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back