victrix 54mm napoleonics (1 Viewer)

majorsmith

Private
New from victrix, these are 54mm versions of their 28mm wargames figures, i think more sets will follow if popular, these examples painted by the very talented Andrew Taylor!
60_100_1407_1.jpg

60_100_1405_1.jpg

60_100_1404_1.jpg

60_100_1403_1.jpg

The proportions look a little "wargamy" BUT I'd get them. Thanks for posting!

The painting is 1st rate (if my opinion counts) ;)

Outstanding paint job but the figures are remarkable in detail for plastic. They look to be excellent figures. -- lancer

Outstanding paint job but the figures are remarkable in detail for plastic. They look to be excellent figures. -- lancer
I agree on both counts although they do appear a bit chunky which does seem to be a carry over from their war gaming orgins. It would be interesting to see these in person.

Are they going to be kits like the little ones? What color plastic? I think they might fit with my HaT French army.

Are they going to be kits like the little ones? What color plastic? I think they might fit with my HaT French army.

Scott they are multipose kits you will get 16 per box...10 sets of these should build a nice square :D.

Hi
they are an angry looking lot - obviously a bad day with the French

Great figures - will fit well with Timpo Action Pack Napoleonic/Waterloo Scottish Highlanders

Regards
9th

I think these guys look a little too well fed! The still look like 28mm figures, which always seema bit too squat, thats what i like about 54mm they seem in better proportion.

An upsize need to be matched witha re proportion I think.

Best thing about these guys is the fantastic paint job! Well done Painter!

John

The Perry miniatures 28mm are good figures - perhaps they will do the same and release in 54mm?

9th

These may be 54mm figures, but they still look like 28mm figures. I would like to see future releases address this problem. When they do I may buy some.

King's Man

Yes they do look a little "squat" the thing with wargame figures is they look better from say 2 feet away.
some painted metal sets look chunky also...so these don't look to bad.
Painted up and packed ranks they should look ok.

A UK friend sent me one of these and they look better in person to me. They are no more chunky than CS figures and the faces are much better detailed and less churlish. They are also a nice Britains/First Legion 55-56 mm to the eyes. I am not sure how much gets lost with painting but they look like they are worth a try.

A UK friend sent me one of these and they look better in person to me. They are no more chunky than CS figures and the faces are much better detailed and less churlish. They are also a nice Britains/First Legion 55-56 mm to the eyes. I am not sure how much gets lost with painting but they look like they are worth a try.

Sounds good Bill....I did buy a 28mm set and they also look better in the flesh as well.
I was thinking these would be a good fit with some metals.
The bases are rather small and i think i would glue them onto metal washers which would then give them about the same size thickness in base size as metal sets.....except maybe the CS figs which have a very chunky base.

I'll have to get a least one box. How often does a set like this { even with it's apparent 28mm look} come around. Never. I think they'll be fine.
They have the other sets listed on the to do list. Maybe the Perry twins will follow with 54mm Napoleonic too. We can only hope.

FUbAr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back