Vietnam Era plastics (1 Viewer)

PolarBear

Major
I have had a request for the availability of plastic soldiers representing the Vietnam war. I mentioned 1/72nd scale Vietnam era on Plastic soldier Review, Dragon models, ebay. I don't believe TSSD or Conte make this period. I believe Gun-Ho in Australia may be doing some. Any suggestions to pass on? Also mentioned Figarti's metal series.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy,

The only ones larger than 1/72 in plastic that I'm aware of, are, as you say the Gun Ho set of Vietnam Aussies. Gun Ho also have a set of Viet Cong sculpted, but I've seen no further progress in this set for a year or so now, so don't know if this idea has been abandoned.

Simon

MPC made a set of 54mm US Soldiers years ago armed with M14 & M16 rifles. There was confusion about the M14's and their Bipods, many thought that they were actually LMGs.

I found a set of these figures back around 2000 at a Thrift Store

There are, of course, the Toy Story armymen who are armed w/M-16s in 54mm. They are less than perfect but, can be modified by the craftier among us to be passible fare. ESCI/ERTL did 1/72 Viet Nam figures from both sides that are very well done. It has always been a very unpopular era, generally speaking, and I don't know if it will be a successful range for a manufacturer yet or not.

I believe there is/ was a company called GUNG HO that did some Plastic Veitnam period . Not many to choose from, perhaps 12 total figures. NVA/Veitcong and I think Some type of elite US troops,LRRPs?
Australian based company I recall.

Hope that helps.

FUB

Someone really needs to get to work in this area - it would be great if the Esci 1/72 molds were enlarged.

I was on another thread and noticed a mention that Cunnyngham Collectibles was considering a line of 'Nam Marines. I checked it out and they have a pre-order section where you can vote for the sets you would like to see produced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back