W Britains CSG 1815 Band (1 Viewer)

Barkmann

Sergeant First Class
I picked up the final set to complete my W Britains Coldstream Guards 1815 Band. I have added multiple non-band figures. They look excellent.

Does anyone know the correct positions of the figures when marching?

Attachments

• IMG_20240313_151311.jpg
    IMG_20240313_151311.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 133
I picked up the final set to complete my W Britains Coldstream Guards 1815 Band. I have added multiple non-band figures. They look excellent.

Does anyone know the correct positions of the figures when marching?

Hi Barkmann;

These are indeed lovely figures and you have them well displayed. I also have this band along with 2 additional NCO's, 8 Original Coldstream Guards marching without bayonets on muskets and 12 with bayonets shoulder arms.

Having studied how the Napoleonic Coldstream Guards band marched the, 4 exotically dressed black percussionists were located behind, at the rear of the main band of musicians. Hope this helps.

Take care,

Marshal Ney

Here's a 1790s illustration of a Foot Guards band.

1790-guard-mounting-st-jamess-palace-larger.jpg

Brendan

Hi Barkmann;

Having studied how the Napoleonic Coldstream Guards band marched the, 4 exotically dressed black percussionists were located behind, at the rear of the main band of musicians. Hope this helps.

Take care,

Marshal Ney

This is exactly the way that I have paraded my Tradition of London set in my collection.

coldstreamb.jpg

I painted them from castings a few years back.

These are another group of black percussionists with the Drum Major , but from the 3rd Regt of Foot Guards (Scots) again I have painted from castings by Mitrecap Miniatures.

4mitrescots.jpg

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back