Warpark manufacturer - should have own thred on main page (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peiper007

Staff Sergeant
This company is producing some great sets and figures. Looking through the threads which are in General Matte Discussion and they are very positive and constant as the company release new products every month, they also have a number of dealers holding their sets and figures. I come onto the forum to hear about new toy soldiers and vehicles and think this company deserve its own page on the forum, supporting what is a new innovative and productive company.

I would get rid of the Britains thread, there has been 3 new threads in the last 2 months, way more than the amount of figures/sets released in months and months. One of the threads was mine which I put on by accident in the wrong thread, another about a magazine and a third on an old release. There has been no posts worthy of the forum since Julie 'shut down' any threads that are negative about Britains and the forum is not high on the priorities for Ken as he does not participate [but he does on other online forums such as facebook] and we have no new releases in months and months.

The rules for having a thread, according the Treefrog, I think, is the amount of posts, but I think is a blunt and unsophisticated measurement as manufactures like Britains [and K & C, which I think is one of the mainstays for the forum] have been on the forum since 2004 and are therefore always going to be high. To highlight this, if Britains had no more posts/threads it would take years for any other manufacturer to get on the forum as it would takes 100s of threads/posts to knock them off.

I want to hear from current manufacturers who are releasing new items and are proactive in the TS market. I want things on the forum which are interesting and informative to discuss, why keep Britains on there because they are one of the older brands and the owner is friends with people in the industry!!!!!! Lets have someone who is doing something, we can only be told so many it is being sorted, as it clearly is not, why waste space that can be used to promote the future and upcoming new companies.

Any W Britains current discussion is like the 'Dead Parrot' sketch from Monty Python.

Disclaimer - I have no connection with Warpark, just collect and like the figures and vehicle.
There will be the usual suspects defending W Britains or trying deflect this thread, if you do then have the decency to highlight any other interests, do not just come on and defend it as you are a friend of the owner, take a step back and look at it from a purely TS collector or manufacturer point of view and you know it would make sense to start promoting the future of our hobby.

This company is producing some great sets and figures. Looking through the threads which are in General Matte Discussion and they are very positive and constant as the company release new products every month, they also have a number of dealers holding their sets and figures. I come onto the forum to hear about new toy soldiers and vehicles and think this company deserve its own page on the forum, supporting what is a new innovative and productive company.

I would get rid of the Britains thread, there has been 3 new threads in the last 2 months, way more than the amount of figures/sets released in months and months. One of the threads was mine which I put on by accident in the wrong thread, another about a magazine and a third on an old release. There has been no posts worthy of the forum since Julie 'shut down' any threads that are negative about Britains and the forum is not high on the priorities for Ken as he does not participate [but he does on other online forums such as facebook] and we have no new releases in months and months.

The rules for having a thread, according the Treefrog, I think, is the amount of posts, but I think is a blunt and unsophisticated measurement as manufactures like Britains [and K & C, which I think is one of the mainstays for the forum] have been on the forum since 2004 and are therefore always going to be high. To highlight this, if Britains had no more posts/threads it would take years for any other manufacturer to get on the forum as it would takes 100s of threads/posts to knock them off.

I want to hear from current manufacturers who are releasing new items and are proactive in the TS market. I want things on the forum which are interesting and informative to discuss, why keep Britains on there because they are one of the older brands and the owner is friends with people in the industry!!!!!! Lets have someone who is doing something, we can only be told so many it is being sorted, as it clearly is not, why waste space that can be used to promote the future and upcoming new companies.

Any W Britains current discussion is like the 'Dead Parrot' sketch from Monty Python.

Disclaimer - I have no connection with Warpark, just collect and like the figures and vehicle.
There will be the usual suspects defending W Britains or trying deflect this thread, if you do then have the decency to highlight any other interests, do not just come on and defend it as you are a friend of the owner, take a step back and look at it from a purely TS collector or manufacturer point of view and you know it would make sense to start promoting the future of our hobby.

Agreed, War Park is producing some fantastic figures and vehicles. They're definitely going in some exciting directions, it would be nice if they had their own thread.

I guess I should throw out the disclaimer that I'm not affiliated with War Park either. I'm a huge fan and collector of King & Country, First Legion, Collector's Showcase, W. Britains, Thomas Gunn, Figarti, JG Miniatures...and I'm getting very tempted by Kron Prinz now too :)

My two cents. I asked for Warpark thread over a year ago and was informed there was requirements. As I was not informed what they were I assumed when the time came they would get one. While it would be nice to have it simplified in one thread, there may be requirements we do not know or have a need to know. With all due respect, Julie owns the forum, she bought the business, she is one risking her livelihood to run it. If the business has requirement for a thread it is up to her. That's what happens when you sign the checks.

As far as taking down Britain's thread. If we counted the number of Britain's collectors on the forum verses Warpark. We would be outnumbered by far.
I have not bought a Britain figure in years but I still wouldn't want it removed. They are a active company and I will see them at the show in September.
The only way I'll see warpark is thru the US dealer George from Minutemen. I have spent close to 5 grand on WarPark over the last year. I am clearly a fan.

So this is not a WB fan talking nor a friend to Julie who I think I've known maybe a few years now and I have talked to 10 or so times.
Yes WarPark needs a thread. But I tend to let the person who has money on the table make the bets.

Chuck

Warpark deserves prominence with it's own thread. Good figures at reasonable prices. Regular flow too.

I have to agree with the below sentiments that the War Park series now needs its own thread. The line has greatly expanded and has regular new releases. Their product range is increasingly diverse and has excellent quality for the price. I’m a relatively new 1/30 scale collector and the War Park figures were among the first I ever purchased, months before I got into K&C, John Jenkins, Thomas Gunn, Collector’s Showcase, etc. Let’s see a dedicated thread!

I agree - the should have their own thread.

I have taken this into consideration but at the moment I have many more pressing items to deal with.

Julie

I have taken this into consideration but at the moment I have many more pressing items to deal with.

Julie

Still Pressing Issues? They must be VERY pressing.

11 out the 20 most recent posts are War Park.

She’s running a business. This forum is a favor she does for us FOR FREE! Lay off!

I will not be giving them their own thread. Period. Case closed.
Thread now locked and done with.

Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back