What is rare - hard to find. (1 Viewer)

botbman

I have been reading the forum for about 18 months, never joined until now, but wanted to give my opinion on a few things that seem to go round and round the forum.

I collect Battle of the Bulge, Napoleonics, Med Warriors, FOB and RAF. I have noticed that for some reasons certain individual sets are always rare and hard to find and would like an opinion from other collectors, for me it is the following

Nap - NA02 was the hard ppiece in this range and on 'ebay watch it always goes at a high price - why this figure?
BotB - not many rare bits and pieces, but the Hetzer was for a while, now I see a few around!
Med warrior - for me it was MK02, MK15 [the non 'special' on, never see it anywhere for sale], MK 17 hornblower as well -why these figure?

FOB - cannot remember the number but it is the Vickers Tank

SP - the supply depot is always over £45 and out of my price range, why is it so rare/expensive?

I know this is a switch from one of my earlier posts about prices second hand appear to be dropping bujt exceptions prove the rule as they say.

I have been reading the forum for about 18 months, never joined until now, but wanted to give my opinion on a few things that seem to go round and round the forum.

I collect Battle of the Bulge, Napoleonics, Med Warriors, FOB and RAF. I have noticed that for some reasons certain individual sets are always rare and hard to find and would like an opinion from other collectors, for me it is the following

Nap - NA02 was the hard ppiece in this range and on 'ebay watch it always goes at a high price - why this figure?
BotB - not many rare bits and pieces, but the Hetzer was for a while, now I see a few around!
Med warrior - for me it was MK02, MK15 [the non 'special' on, never see it anywhere for sale], MK 17 hornblower as well -why these figure?

FOB - cannot remember the number but it is the Vickers Tank

SP - the supply depot is always over £45 and out of my price range, why is it so rare/expensive?

I know this is a switch from one of my earlier posts about prices second hand appear to be dropping bujt exceptions prove the rule as they say.

Because they are all discontinued?:confused:

Some scenic items like the Supply Depot were produced in rather limited quantities. They are not only desirable as collector items, but by those who build displays - they often need several of a scenic item.

Some of the current "rarities" are the figures that Andy produces for certain toy soldier meets, such as Chicago. For Chicago he only produces 60 of a particular figure and they become popular rapidly.

Gary B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back