William Hocker (1 Viewer)

PolarBear

Major
My 1st Wm. Hocker set:

Set #124 Bombay Sappers & Miners Telegraph Section

This Indian Army unit served on the North-West Frontier and in China (Boxer Rebellion).

Attachments

• hockerset124Sm.jpg
    hockerset124Sm.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 330
Aren't his figures pretty! I don't have any, but I admire the way he has captured the old Britains style, and filled some gaps in the old Britains catalog.

Prost!
Brad

That is a super looking set , I think my favourite of the photos I have
seen posted on the forum at various times is the set containg the baloon etc . I,d love to see some of his stuff first hand one day.

He lives on the other side of the bay from me. He is a very nice gentleman who takes the time to sit and talk with his friends and customers. Not to mention he makes really nice figures.:) Congrats on the purchase Randy!

That is a super looking set , I think my favourite of the photos I have
seen posted on the forum at various times is the set containg the baloon etc . I,d love to see some of his stuff first hand one day.

It took my breath away when I opened the box.

Randy

This trip may cost me some money....................................

Anyone who likes the Victorian Era and the British will love Bill Hocker's figures. I envy your being able to see his items on display in person at the West Coaster. Please take pictures.
Randy

Hopefully he will be dioing some room trading since I may not be there for the actual show on Sunday

Gentle Friends,

I am very appreciative of Randy posting some photos of his first William Hocker set. William Hocker is one of my favorite manufacturers. In particular, when I am able, I collect sets developed by Mr. Hocker that depict the events, personalities, elephants, vehicles, and figures related to the 1877 Delhi Durbar or, as it is sometimes referenced, the Imperial Durbar.

Below, you should find a few pictures of one of my favorite Hocker Durbar sets, set #146, The State Warriors and Drum of Bikanir. I hope you enjoy viewing the set.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Attachments

• Soldiers1841.jpg
    Soldiers1841.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Soldiers1843.jpg
    Soldiers1843.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Soldiers1845.jpg
    Soldiers1845.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Soldiers1847.jpg
    Soldiers1847.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 110
Hello Pat,

I especially like the figures in armor !
Thanks for posting the pictures. Tha's nice to see 'large' pictures of these set because the pictures on WM Hocker's site are too small to appreciate all the details.
Kind regards,
Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back