Wilson Edward: 25th Colored Infantry US Army (1 Viewer)

PolarBear

Major
"The Twenty-fifth United States Infantry Regiment was one of the racially segregated units of the United States Army known as Buffalo Soldiers. The 25th served from 1866 to 1946, seeing action in the American Indian Wars, Spanish-American War, the Boxer Rebellion, Philippine-American War and World War II."

Figure by Wilson Edward WE-BOX-04

Attachments

• 25thColoredInfPosterSm.jpg
    25thColoredInfPosterSm.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,675
Alternate View:

Attachments

• 25thColoredInfPoster3RevSm.jpg
    25thColoredInfPoster3RevSm.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 307
Nice figure. The 19th century Army didn't give a lot of publicity to the "colored units", but the 24th and 25th Infantry Regiments and the 9th and 10th Cavalry Regiments served long and hard.

I thought by the Boxer Rebellion that most of the US Army was in the Khaki field uniform introduced about the time of the Spanish-American War. I don't have my reference books right at hand, so maybe the blue field uniform lasted longer than I thought.

Gary B.

"The Twenty-fifth United States Infantry Regiment was one of the racially segregated units of the United States Army known as Buffalo Soldiers. The 25th served from 1866 to 1946, seeing action in the American Indian Wars, Spanish-American War, the Boxer Rebellion, Philippine-American War and World War II."

Figure by Wilson Edward WE-BOX-04

Hello Randy,

I learnt something new from this thread.

It reminds me of the 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry in the ACW featured in the movie "Glory".

Thanks, Raymond.

:)

Peking Gate

Attachments

• PekingGateSm.jpg
    PekingGateSm.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 198
  • PekingGateDetSm.jpg
    PekingGateDetSm.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 214
Unfortunately I do not have any details beyond the fact that this was taken during the Spanish American War and shows one of the African American soldiers who participated in this conflict as did the 25th Colored Infantry.

Attachments

• AfAmspanishamericansoldier.jpg
    AfAmspanishamericansoldier.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 351
25th Colored Infantry in Havana where they were one of the African American regiments which fought in the Spanish American War of 1898:

Attachments

• 25thCubaSm.jpg
    25thCubaSm.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 176

Users who are viewing this thread

Back