"With God On Their Side" 1859 (1 Viewer)

PolarBear

Major
Abolitionist John Brown, a rifle in one hand and a Bible in the other, preaches to a group of men he hopes to recruit for a planned raid on the Federal Arsenal located at Harper's Ferry, (West) Virginia. The purpose of the raid was to capture weapons for an armed slave revolt. The raid would occur later on October 16th and last until October 18th, when the raiders were either killed or captured by U.S. Marines under the command of Brevet Colonel Robert E. Lee of the 2nd U.S. Cavalry.

Figures from Wm. Hocker Sets: 322 and 325

Attachments

• WithGodOnTheirSide1859.jpg
    WithGodOnTheirSide1859.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 192
Love the way you present history Randy.
Mark

Thanks Mark

Bill Hocker's sets work nicely for telling these kinds of stories. His figures are ideal for both British Imperial and American history.

Randy

I've enjoyed seeing these Randy for the second time around as I did the first time being privy to them earlier. Once again another classic work of art from the House of The PolarBear.....{bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Very nice Randy. One of those seminal moments in American history, a now largely forgotten figure.

Very nice Randy. One of those seminal moments in American history, a now largely forgotten figure.

Kansas fans remember him. Great album covers!

If I remember correctly, Johnny Cash portrayed John Brown in the "North and South" miniseries.

Prost!
Brad

Hi Randy: Great photo! I just finished a novel by Max Byrd "Grant" where there was a reference that U.S. Grant's father Jesse Grant and John Brown either went to school together or were boyhood friends. Interesting since Lee was involved also later.

Kansas fans remember him. Great album covers!

If I remember correctly, Johnny Cash portrayed John Brown in the "North and South" miniseries.

Prost!
Brad

Yep! And Sterling Hayden portrayed him in The Blue and the Gray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back