Wm. Hocker Chicago Show Pictures (1 Viewer)

fmethorst

Command Sergeant Major
The Wm. Hocker room.

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

Great pics! Any new Wm. Hocker sets/lines for 2012? WW1, Franco-Prussian War, Foreign Legion, Boxer Rebellion sets???

The Hocker stuff is very nice, with many interesting themes and as you saw there were quite a few sets on display.

Gentle Friends,

Shortly before the 2011 OTSN show was to take place, Damian contacted me and asked that I take some photos of figures by William Hocker and photos of the treasures found in Mr. Hocker's room. Dutifully, I have complied with Damian's request while, at the same time, experiencing great excitement at what I saw and in what I have attempted to capture in the photos.

Please remember I am not a professional photographer. Heck! I am not even an amateur photographer. I simply point the camera and hope for the best. Sometimes, the photos turn out reasonably well. At other times, one simply has to say, "Oh, well." No matter how you evaluate my skill at photography, I hope you find some photos you can enjoy. You should be able to view some of my photographs of Hocker figures/sets in the posts to follow.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :smile2:

Gentle Friends,

The greatest number of Hocker sets to be found at the show reside within Mr. Hocker's room. However, one can occasionally find some excellent pre-owned Hocker sets in the Memphis Toy Soldier room. Below are three photos of Hocker sets that were for sale in the MTS room.

Pat

Attachments

• 11OTSN001.jpg
    11OTSN001.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 261
  • 11OTSN002.jpg
    11OTSN002.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 238
  • 11OTSN004.jpg
    11OTSN004.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 255
Gentle Friends,

Below are three more photos of Hocker sets found in the Memphis Toy Soldier room. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 11OTSN005.jpg
    11OTSN005.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 234
  • 11OTSN006.jpg
    11OTSN006.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 11OTSN007.jpg
    11OTSN007.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 352
Gentle Friends,

As implied above, the real treasure trove of Hocker figures are found in Mr. Hocker's room. I asked his permission to take some photographs and he graciously consented. As you will see, there are toy soldier boxes everywhere! His bed is covered by them as well as the dresser, window sill, etc. Please keep in mind I am not an exceptionally tall person and I could not lean above many of the sets for better photographs of individual sets. Nevertheless, you might find a few things of interest if you look closely.

Pat:wink2:

Attachments

• 11OTSN044.jpg
    11OTSN044.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 11OTSN045.jpg
    11OTSN045.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 189
  • 11OTSN046.jpg
    11OTSN046.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 11OTSN047.jpg
    11OTSN047.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 204
  • 11OTSN048.jpg
    11OTSN048.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 230
Gentle Friends,

What can I say? :rolleyes2: Below are more photos of figures in Mr. Hocker's room.

Pat

Attachments

• 11OTSN049.jpg
    11OTSN049.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 219
  • 11OTSN050.jpg
    11OTSN050.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 240
  • 11OTSN051.jpg
    11OTSN051.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 202
  • 11OTSN052.jpg
    11OTSN052.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 228
  • 11OTSN053.jpg
    11OTSN053.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 204
Gentle Friends,

What!!! Still more photos taken within Mr. Hocker's room?

Damian, are you watching? My bill is in the mail to you. :tongue:

Attachments

• 11OTSN054.jpg
    11OTSN054.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 11OTSN055.jpg
    11OTSN055.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 11OTSN056.jpg
    11OTSN056.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 11OTSN057.jpg
    11OTSN057.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 11OTSN058.jpg
    11OTSN058.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 227
Gentle Friends,

Do not be fooled by the fact there are only two photographs posted below. I have one more post to present before I conclude this series of photographs. If you have made it this far, you deserve a medal. ^&cool Actually, everyone who has made it this far deserves a medal except Damian. He deserves the bill. :D

Pat :wink2:

Attachments

• 11OTSN059.jpg
    11OTSN059.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 147
  • 11OTSN060.jpg
    11OTSN060.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 151
Gentle Friends,

We have finally come to the end of my 2011 OTSN Hocker photos. Below you should find four photos of Mr. Hocker supervising his room. He is an especially kind and gentle soul to which anyone who knows him can testify. I am very, very fortunate to have been introduced to him. If you ever get the chance spend some time with him, you should do so. You will not regret it.

Finally, I should answer the question, "Did I purchase any Hocker sets and leave with them under under my arm?" The answer is, "YES!!!!" How could I not? They are beautiful figures and a few more of them now enhance my collection.

I hope you have enjoyed the photos. I know I enjoyed seeing the figures first hand and adding a few to my collection.

Attachments

• 11OTSN061.jpg
    11OTSN061.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 11OTSN062.jpg
    11OTSN062.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 11OTSN063.jpg
    11OTSN063.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 11OTSN064.jpg
    11OTSN064.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 146
Gentle Friends,

Do not be fooled by the fact there are only two photographs posted below. I have one more post to present before I conclude this series of photographs. If you have made it this far, you deserve a medal. ^&cool Actually, everyone who has made it this far deserves a medal except Damian. He deserves the bill. :D

Pat :wink2:

I will endeavor to settle that bill in some way.
Those are wonderful sets and very good photographs,
It is nice to get a picture of WM Hocker as well so I know what he looks like.
I must admit when I heard he was going to focus on American type themes I was a bit apprehensive that this would not fit in with his overall style and may even detract from his major focus on the British Empire. Seeing all those ACW and Western sets has dispelled this concern.
However when collecting WM Hocker one has to try and focus on a range otherwise one is in danger of becoming too thinly spread.
Those are all wonderful sets and Pat I am deeply end indebted to you for these pictures.

I will endeavor to settle that bill in some way.
Those are wonderful sets and very good photographs,
It is nice to get a picture of WM Hocker as well so I know what he looks like.
I must admit when I heard he was going to focus on American type themes I was a bit apprehensive that this would not fit in with his overall style and may even detract from his major focus on the British Empire. Seeing all those ACW and Western sets has dispelled this concern.
However when collecting WM Hocker one has to try and focus on a range otherwise one is in danger of becoming too thinly spread.
Those are all wonderful sets and Pat I am deeply end indebted to you for these pictures.

Hi Damian,

It was my pleasure to provide the photos. Taking the photos provided me with an excellent excuse to spend more time in Mr. Hocker's room. :wink2: However, spending time in his room had a very negative impact on my show budget.

You might be interested to know I mentioned your name to Mr. Hocker and he immediately recognized you. I guess Mr. Hocker and his wonderful figures have also had a negative impact on your hobby budget. :D He spoke of you with a satisfied smile on his face.

I am very glad you enjoyed the photos. I hope they provided you with some useful information.

Take care, my friend.

Hi Damian,

It was my pleasure to provide the photos. Taking the photos provided me with an excellent excuse to spend more time in Mr. Hocker's room. :wink2: However, spending time in his room had a very negative impact on my show budget.

You might be interested to know I mentioned your name to Mr. Hocker and he immediately recognized you. I guess Mr. Hocker and his wonderful figures have also had a negative impact on your hobby budget. :D He spoke of you with a satisfied smile on his face.

I am very glad you enjoyed the photos. I hope they provided you with some useful information.

Take care, my friend.

I am glad to hear that.

Gentle Friends,

We have finally come to the end of my 2011 OTSN Hocker photos. Below you should find four photos of Mr. Hocker supervising his room. He is an especially kind and gentle soul to which anyone who knows him can testify. I am very, very fortunate to have been introduced to him. If you ever get the chance spend some time with him, you should do so. You will not regret it.

Finally, I should answer the question, "Did I purchase any Hocker sets and leave with them under under my arm?" The answer is, "YES!!!!" How could I not? They are beautiful figures and a few more of them now enhance my collection.

I hope you have enjoyed the photos. I know I enjoyed seeing the figures first hand and adding a few to my collection.

Bill Hocker is indeed a very special person in our little toy soldier world. His toy soldiers are both charming and unique. I only have one Hocker set in my collection which is the War of 1812 U.S. Infantry Column. I hope to pick up the Mexican-American War U.S. Infantry Column from him at the next West Coaster.

Bill, however, has very strong political beliefs which are 180 degrees from mine, so I NEVER discuss politics with him. Interestingly, for several years at the Chicago Show, I had asked him why he stopped coming to the West Coaster after having been a fixture there for years. I found out from other sources that he had a falling out, after a political argument, with one of the West Coasters former founders who, as a former U.S. Marine Corps officer, had views diametrically opposed to Bill's. I pointed out to Bill that that that person was no longer associated with the West Coaster and that he had many fans who missed seeing him and his toy soldiers at the West Coaster. To make a long story short, whether I had anything to do with his return to the West Coaster or not, he has been back for several years and is doing well.

I will be inviting Bill to Bob Walker's open house in November. He has attended once in the past and I hope he can make it again this year. Bob, who was formerly the Chairman of the Republican Party in San Jose for many years, has many of Bill's toy soldiers in his collection, but never discusses politics with Bill either and that is the way it should be.

Bill Hocker is indeed a very special person in our little toy soldier world. His toy soldiers are both charming and unique. I only have one Hocker set in my collection which is the War of 1812 U.S. Infantry Column. I hope to pick up the Mexican-American War U.S. Infantry Column from him at the next West Coaster.

Bill, however, has very strong political beliefs which are 180 degrees from mine, so I NEVER discuss politics with him. Interestingly, for several years at the Chicago Show, I had asked him why he stopped coming to the West Coaster after having been a fixture there for years. I found out from other sources that he had a falling out, after a political argument, with one of the West Coasters former founders who, as a former U.S. Marine Corps officer, had views diametrically opposed to Bill's. I pointed out to Bill that that that person was no longer associated with the West Coaster and that he had many fans who missed seeing him and his toy soldiers at the West Coaster. To make a long story short, whether I had anything to do with his return to the West Coaster or not, he has been back for several years and is doing well.

I will be inviting Bill to Bob Walker's open house in November. He has attended once in the past and I hope he can make it again this year. Bob, who was formerly the Chairman of the Republican Party in San Jose for many years, has many of Bill's toy soldiers in his collection, but never discusses politics with Bill either and that is the way it should be.

The man is the American answer to Len Taylor of Wales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back