Wolfe Toy Soldiers Royal Artillery, circa 1867? (1 Viewer)

BHogan

Sergeant Major
I was reading through back issues of TS&MF magazine (Janaury 2006 Issue # 92) this morning and saw the picture below in an article on the Fort Henry Guard. Although Britains and a number of other manufacturers have produced numerous figures of Guard infantrymen, pioneers, and musicisn, to my knowledge no one has made gunners of the Royal Artillery, circa 1867. However, the author of the article mentioned that he bought this set of gunners from the Chicago show. Does anyone know anything about this company, or if any of these figures are available?

IMG_1506[9932].jpg

Thanks,

Brendan

Brendan, Valiant Miniatures have a casting of a FHG Artillery sergeant. Kit # 9829.

I just finished painting one.

Regards
Kirk

I was reading through back issues of TS&MF magazine (Janaury 2006 Issue # 92) this morning and saw the picture below in an article on the Fort Henry Guard. Although Britains and a number of other manufacturers have produced numerous figures of Guard infantrymen, pioneers, and musicisn, to my knowledge no one has made gunners of the Royal Artillery, circa 1867. However, the author of the article mentioned that he bought this set of gunners from the Chicago show. Does anyone know anything about this company, or if any of these figures are available?

View attachment 206587

Thanks,

Brendan

Hi,

Wolfe Toy Soldiers have been out of product for several years now. I recently bought several sets of castings from the owner who is in his 80's which he found in his shed. Including this Artillery set as shown which I painted and placed with an Essex Armoury gun and sold on. He did tell me that he would be selling more sets of castings on eBay in the coming winter so keep your eyes peeled. See some pictures on the link below.

Gary

http://pho.to/Akgv6

Gary,

Wonderful figures! You wouldn't happen to have this gentleman's email or postal address would you? I'd very much like to buy these castings off him.

Thanks,

Brendan

Gary,

Wonderful figures! You wouldn't happen to have this gentleman's email or postal address would you? I'd very much like to buy these castings off him.

Thanks,

Brendan

Hi,

Sorry I don't it was all though EBay. If I see them on eBay in the winter I'll give you the heads up!

Gary

Gary,

Thanks,

Brendan

Hi,

I've been moving my collection around and found in one of the boxes this card it had the name Wolfe soldiers on it seems that Good Soldiers may have acquired them at some point. Might be worth a call or letter?

http://pho.to/Al7Sx

Hope that helps let me know if not if I get to the London show in December I'll ask the chap as he often has a stall there.

Cheers

Gary

Gary,

Thanks for your help. I will be sending a letter to this gentleman tomorrow.

Brendan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back